Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:23:55 AM

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 3625 times)

Offline pumpa

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« on: June 25, 2006, 07:29:10 PM »
Hi all, I had only found this site the other day and the information is awesome.
I am building a 3 axis router x 36inch travel on 35mm bearings and shafts, y 24inch travel on 30mm slides and z 12inch travel on 25mm slides.
I am planning on running 3 nema34 1080 oz bipolar steppers and wanting to use Mach3, can anyone please recommend any drivers and power supply that would
best serve this setup, as I am not too familiar with the hardware setup for this unit.

Cheers Pumpa.
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 07:47:49 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum!!!
The drives that most people seem to use are Gecko Drives form www.geckodrive.com (G201 is the one that you will be looking at)

Hope that is a help
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline pumpa

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 08:06:47 PM »

Hi Brian, So 3 of these drive should serve my purpose, what about a power supply, and will  I require a breakout board of any kind to interface all this stuff.
I have not yet decided whether to go to a timing belt drive or gear rack, but at the end of the day I would like the unit to have a bit of grunt for machining ally
components and composite patterns.

Thanks in advance.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 08:45:31 PM »
I think there are people that are selling power supplies. Here is one that I can think off of the top of my head: http://www.camtronics-cnc.com/ and http://www.campbelldesigns.com/ This is a very nice looking box :)

There are many others on the links page...
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline pumpa

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 05:57:34 AM »

Thanks again Brian, I will look into it.

Cheers Pumpa