Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:20:26 PM

Author Topic: New to Mach3 is this how the screen Looks????  (Read 4421 times)

New to Mach3 is this how the screen Looks????
« on: June 19, 2006, 09:20:30 PM »
Hello,

I know this is a long post but this background info shouldl help anyone willing to share their experience.

I am New to Mach3, through I have run Unigraphic NX4 and do program CNCs with NX4.  I can see there is a bit of a learning curve on this Mach3.

Background:
I just got done building a Pentium 2 (Slot 1) 450 PC (128mb Dram) (8mb Diamond video APG card) with XP Pro Service Pack 2 (Fresh Load) per Mach3 documentation for a Standard PC for a "Lean & Mean" machine... with little overhead.  I loaded Mach3 demo program only and made all the config changes according to documentation to get Darek’s Universal Breakout Board ( http://home.icx.net/~ashburn/) to work with my Boss5 without the Card Cage & Power Supply PC Cage.

I download the latest stable Mach3 – Demo Version R1.84.001 and loaded it.

Now I have yet to try hooking it up to see if it would move my Boss5 yet.

My main problem so far is this:
Why are the screen fields not big enough in Mach3 ... is this how it is suppose to be?
I am running a 17" monitor with a res of 1280 x 1024, High Color 24 bit setting.  I tried it at 1024 x 768 with the same results.  I would think the fields should be completely visible and not so crowded.... right?
Please see my screen shots links below:

Here_1280x1024:
http://www.pennswoods.net/~luke1027/1280x1024_Mach3_Screen1.JPG

Here_1024x768:
http://www.pennswoods.net/~luke1027/1024x768_mach3_Screen1.JPG

Any advice on this would be great.

Thanks,

Pete W.

Below are the settings I have changed so far after loading Mach3 … for info sake.

These are the setting I have set so far:

USING MACH3 WITH BRIDGEPORT STEPPER DRIVES

1.   The software must be set to Max CL Mode (This is done under Config, Ports and Pins, Port Setup and Axis Selection.). When the software is in this mode you do not have to configure the motor outputs for the axis (Pins 2-9).

2.   The one output that has to be setup is spindle forward (This is done under Config, Ports and Pins, Spindle Setup.). You will want the spindle relays enabled and M3 set to output #1. Then you will have to enable output #1 and assign it to port #1 pin#14 (This is done under Config, Ports and Pins, Output Signals.). 

3.   Pin #1’s output is reserved for spindle speed and leaves pin #16 & 17 available for future use.

4.   The inputs are setup next (This is done under Config, Ports and Pins, Input Signals.). E-Stop should be set to port #1 pin #10, Input #2 should be set to port #1 pin #11 and Z Home should be set to port #1 pin #12.

5.   Pin #13 is Z decel but is not used. That leaves pin #13 & 15 available for future use.

6.   In order for the #2 input (spin run) to do anything code must be added to the m3.M1S and m5.M1s files. In addition a macropump.M1s file must be created (These files will be  located in  the Mach3/macros/Mach3Mill folder or the profile you have selected instead of Mach3Mill.).

7.   For the macropump to run you must turn it on (this is done under Config, State and requires a program restart afterwards.).

8.  The inputs used 10,11 & 12 all need to be set to active low under Config/ Ports and Pins/ Input Signals.

These are the *.M1s files

m3.M1s                                                     

DoSpinCW()                  
Message “Spindle Start Requested”      
SystemWaitFor(Input2)            
While IsMoving ()               
Wend                     
Message “Spindle Start Delay”         
Code "G4 P2"                  
While IsMoving                  
Wend                     
Message “”                  
Call SetUserLED(1010,1)            

m5.M1s

DoSpinStop()                  
Call SetUserLED(1010,0)            

macropump.M1s

If GetUserLED (1010) Then         
  If Not IsActive (Input2) Then         
    DoOEMButton (1003)            
    Message “Program Stopped Spindle Fault”
  End If
End If

Boss5 SeriesI Running Darek's Universal Breakout Board (http://home.icx.net/~ashburn/) with PentiumII 450, XP Pro SP2, and Mach3 (Demo, to check it out).  Trying to get this working.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: New to Mach3 is this how the screen Looks????
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 09:52:30 PM »
Hi:

Looks normal for an unstretched screen. Select config/state/autoenlarge screen to get it to fit the desktop..

Art
Re: New to Mach3 is this how the screen Looks????
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 04:28:12 AM »
Thanks Art,

I wll give it a try tonight.
I look forward to using this product.

Pete W.

Hi:

Looks normal for an unstretched screen. Select config/state/autoenlarge screen to get it to fit the desktop..

Art

Boss5 SeriesI Running Darek's Universal Breakout Board (http://home.icx.net/~ashburn/) with PentiumII 450, XP Pro SP2, and Mach3 (Demo, to check it out).  Trying to get this working.