Third party software and hardware support forums. > NC Pod

status of NCPod

(1/7) > >>

HenryPel:
I've been trying to follow the thread on the NCPod Controller & have not seen alot of traffic of late.
What is it's status - still in beta or is it in production
Is there a significant benifit of this controller say versus Xylotex for example

Chaoticone:
Henry, If you haven't got a NCpod yet, you may want to consider the Smooth Stepper.

Brett

imserv:
Why?

Hood:
Probably for the reason the OP has said, the pod seems to have slowed down if not stopped.
 Now I have never had Pod so dont know how good or bad it is, how complete or incomplete it is. So take that at face value and disregard if you know or think differently.
  I do however have a SmoothStepper (4 in fact) and although there are still things to be done (backlash is one I know of )  it is  pretty well complete as it is now and I have every faith that it will not die a death like so many of the others have in the past, not saying the Pod is one of them but certainly is starting to look like it may be.
  I have been using a SmoothStepper  for over 8 months on the mill with any issues being sorted as time goes on and its been complete enough for me on the mill for a long time now. The lathe has had one fitted for maybe 2 months and for my lathe it is now complete to use day in day out.

Hood

imserv:
Why do you and Chaoticone ( apparently an administrator) plug the Smooth stepper rather than answer the OP's question.  Why don't you post in the smooth stepper topic area instead of the ncPOD?  Is the use and development of the ncPOD unwelcome here?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version