Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:29:11 PM

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2689 times)

Introduction
« on: October 07, 2008, 07:34:59 AM »
Hello
Just to introduce myself, I am a retired ICT teacher and have acquired an ex-school CONECT 3-axis milling machine. I have thrown away the old electronics, using Routout stepper drivers to control the axes and a new controller for the servomotor spindle drive.  I have no previous background and am slowly putting the machine into full working order.  I also intend to update, to CNC, my Hyundai MF1 lathe (small Chester/Clarke type).
As I make progress I will no doubt be back and wish finally to add how impressed I am with Mach3!

Ian Hart
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 01:45:13 PM »
Hello
Just to introduce myself, I am a retired disabled Veteran (Navy), engineer, with a small home metal/wood/electronics shop. I have 5 cnc machines that uses Mach3. 2 small tabletop Mills, 1 3in1 mill,lathe, and a gantry wood router. This has preserved my sanity building these machine and working on projects from fish processing machines to projects sold/used at Woods Hole on the Cape here. I am so satisfied with Mach3 then with any other program I have bought. My wish now is to create a 7 axis, as that is at the top of my list (but bottom of the honey-to-do-list!)
Best wishes to all
Fair weather and Following seas
capegadgets   ;)