Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:46:51 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 Grex plugin  (Read 3560 times)

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
Mach 3 Grex plugin
« on: June 15, 2006, 01:14:21 PM »
( Hi all, Art didn't cross post the latest info on the Mach 3 grex plugin here so I will do it for him. If you have a rex please post any comments for him. )

Hi All G100 owners. :)

Verison 1.90.051 is online as is the first Test PlugIn for the G100.

To test your G100 functionallity in terms of IO, just copy the G100.dll to the plugins folder in your Mach3 installation. You must be using .051 version to test the G100.

Id be interested in any feedback on how easy it is , or how difficult it is to get running, I have puposfully
made no instructions on installing or getting this plugin running. The program should guide you sufficiently.

Remember, to configure any plugin, including a G100, you select operator/Config plugins..

That knowledge shoudl be all thats required. You wont get movement on this plugin of any type, but all IO
is functional, and connection to the G100 should be immediate, and with no errors unless your G100's
address is wrong. The program will prompt you if this is the case and allow you to correct the trouble. It will also recognise if the firmware in the G100 is not running. Eventually, it will be able to start the firmware in the G100 on its own.

Anyone who feels they can understand the C++ code for this plugin,or are devloping their own External device just send me a letter offline, and I will send you a copy of the plugin project. It is open source as of now. Eventually, Ill post it on the support website.

The new plugin release is on the downloads page directly under the 1.90.051 download.

Good luck, let me know what bugs you find in its operation, it seems to be very stable so far, but Im sure someone out there can find what Ive missed, you guys are good at that. :).

Next functional add-in to this code will be Jogging. Hopefully by next week, then GCode movement. Then homing and probing and we're pretty much done till the next firmware is offcially released. Soem recoding will then be necessary.

Thanks,
Art
www.artofcnc.ca