Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:35:41 AM

Author Topic: softlimits question  (Read 9801 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: softlimits question
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 06:17:32 PM »
Yes one circuit will suffice for ALL limits and home switches and is a good saver of inputs as only one is used. The occasions where seperate Home switches may be required is when you have  either home switches mid travel due to having large axis travels (time saved instead of  homing to axis extreme) or where you are doing homing with index pulses etc.

Hood
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 07:32:06 PM »
Seems to me I could just pull the parallel cable off the PC and check the pins using a multimeter whilst tripping the limit switches by hand. The switches are wired directly to the parallel output, not through the BOB, yes? I suppose it's all academic at this point anyway.
Joe

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2008, 01:51:03 AM »
Personally I wouldnt mess with it until I was ready to rewire if needed, I would also buy a BOB or make up a simple one so that there were screw terminals, makes life a lot easier if things need changed around.
Hood
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2008, 06:56:48 AM »
I could just as easily leave it alone as it works but I am curious. I can research it and verify my suspicion without changing anything. The BOB used on my machine has screw terminals. I don't know who makes it but it is one of 3 pictured in the Mach3Mill manual on page 30, figure 4.2, the one in the lower right hand corner. Time to make some chips.
Joe