Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:38:42 AM

Author Topic: Source of noise  (Read 3874 times)

Source of noise
« on: September 21, 2008, 10:31:01 PM »
I have a cnc plasma table that I've built and have been using for over a year now.  Occasionally Mach goes into reset on it's own.  I'm trying to identify the source.  Other than putting a data logger on all of the input pins, is there any way to have Mach create an event log that will identify the pin(switch) that's tripping the reset?   

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
Re: Source of noise
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 01:28:29 AM »
Under File/General Logic config look for Debounce interval and set that to 1000 or so. This makes mach wait a bit after it sees a switch trigger to make sure it really is a switch hit and not just some noise.

chad
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 03:54:41 PM »
My debouce is currently set to 3000.  I've ran it as high as 10000 with no luck.  Sometimes it takes 5 minutes before going into reset, and other times it will go for an hour. 
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 04:54:14 PM »
There is a good post in the forum here:      http://www.warp9td.com/index.php       about plasma rigs and noise.
Jeff does a good job explaining it.
RC
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 12:02:26 PM »
You might want to try installing a ferrite coil around your parallel port cable.

I had intermittent false limit switch triggers on my Tormach mill that bugged me for months.  It would false trigger once every few days.  Tormach sent me a coil to install and the system hasn't false triggered in several months.

Mike