Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:51:23 AM

Author Topic: DriverTest not working  (Read 8686 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: DriverTest not working
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 07:09:59 PM »
oh oh thats not good, try doing the optimisation steps, they are for XP but most can be done in W2K as well.
Hood

DaveDoesIT

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 07:58:02 PM »
oh oh thats not good, try doing the optimisation steps, they are for XP but most can be done in W2K as well.

Hi Hood,

Thanks for the help but I wanted to learn to use as much Mach3 on the PC in the house but this is getting silly. I am  not going to mess with my main computer.

I have just ordered more memory for the XP machine in the garage and will install Ubuntu and try EMC2, I have been a programmer since 1976 and I am surprised at this software, and IMHO it really is not ready for the real world. It is still too human set-up intensive. Probably trying to do too many things for too many situations and not getting many of them right.

Anyway, thank you for putting in so much effort to help.

Dave

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 10:00:45 PM »
Dave,
I have seen a driver test just like the one you posted. In fact it looks very similar the one my computer at work will
generate. The computer at work has every kind of anti-virus and spyware not to mention the corporate junk software on it you can imagine. As a programmer setup shoud be a piece of cake for you. By the way, don't play with your mouse
when doing the driver test as it will create all kinds of spikes.
When the driver test is running it will show if there are interuptions accuring.
Take a breath, new software, getting the machine running, getting parameters for your specific needs. All can get rather confusing quickly.
As far as not being ready for the real world, you should try some of the others!
RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 10:19:20 PM »
Dave,
This was a thread about the driver test

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,7093.0.html

RICH
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 10:43:23 PM »
Hey Dave, Really hate to see you go. I'm no programmer OR electrician, but I am managing to pick it up in bits and pieces as I go along. Maybe that's why I am so impressed with it.
Here's an idea....Spend a few hours with LazyCam. Then Mach will more closely resemble a kindergarten coloring book !
Regards,
RC :)

Oh..... and a word of warning.    Watch out for RICH's spider. :o He shouldn't bother you...he's been well fed lately. ::)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 11:49:16 PM by Overloaded »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 08:28:14 PM »
  ;D RC
The humbled spider is improving web making technique's. He is hungry, determined, and more knowlegable on entrapment.  So beware, there just may be one hanging around your lathe!

:) RICH