Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:26:22 PM

Author Topic: New Vortech Router jerky movement.  (Read 13321 times)

Offline derek

•  200 200
    • View Profile
Re: New Vortech Router jerky movement.
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 05:34:47 PM »
Hi Hood
Yes it is most definitely made up of many line segments. but their deviation off of an arc is slight. I just cut out a section of the code on that area and inputted the coordinates as points. I then connected the points with a poly line. I fitted an arc to  that line and the deviation was less than .00003 Then I projected a line against the surface at the same z level as the tool path and the deviation was less than .003. This last measurement really doesn't mean much as we're concerned with deviation off of the arc as in a choppy cut. The tool paths all look nice and smooth as well.

Derek

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 06:20:54 PM »
Do you have CV Distance Tolerance enabled? If try without and see what its like.
Hood

Offline derek

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 08:53:09 PM »
I'm about 99 percent sure that it's turned off but I'll double check tomorrow and let you know.
Thanks
Derek

Do you have CV Distance Tolerance enabled? If try without and see what its like.
Hood

Offline derek

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 12:16:49 PM »
Yep CV tolerance is disabled. G100 Adaptive NURBS is enabled though. Not sure if this matters or not.

Derek

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 12:49:07 PM »
G100 setting should not affect it but switch it off as its not used anymore (I think ;) ) and even if it was you dont have a G100.
 Are you definitely in CV mode? Make sure your code isnt switching it to Exact Stop (G61)

Try doing an G2 or G3 on a piece of scrap and see if its good.
Hood

Offline derek

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 01:13:45 PM »
Hi Hood
It's absolutely in CV.  One thing I would mention is I'm handling huge amounts of code. The piece in the picture had over 500,00 lines loaded into Mach. As soon as I finish this piece I'll do some tests and post the results here. I'm going to cut that same section that has the chops but try it at a few different speeds and cutting strategies. I really need to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks
Derek

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 04:56:38 PM »
try setting the lookahead down a bit or even turning the toolpath off, maybe the computer is just bogging down a bit with the amount of data its processing?
Hood
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 01:29:04 AM »
Hello Hood, Erik here.
I managed to get a continuous path (circular & straight) by turning on the "laser" mode, but when it is not in "laser" mode the path reverts to a stop/start with each line of code. Also it seems to have "stuttering" in the Z axis movements and still has a noticeable series of marks in the machined material at every new line of code and a noticeable hesitation at the line where the X/Y motion meets a Z axis movement. Even though the X/Y motion appears and sounds to be continuous the machine still leaves a noticeable mark in the material (Z axis or vertical) that appears to be coincident with the progression of code line to line. Most of the code (85%) is made up of an XYZ command in each line. Do you think this is motor tuning (accel/deccel) or could it be a backlash compensation issue? I tried various feed speeds, but the frequency of the surface inconsistencies remained the same, so I don't think it is mechanical harmonic vibration. I set the look ahead to 500 lines and it did help some. Should not CV mode work even when not set to "laser"? Thanks for your help.

Erik

PS: the the angular stop in CV mode is set to 90 Deg.
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 08:35:37 PM »
Hi Hood, Erik here.
Sorry, I meant to say "plasma" mode in my previous post. Do you want to see the whole toolpath perhaps just a chunk out of the middle somewhere? I checked the settings in Mach today and I do not have the backlash compensation on. Could it be that part of the problem occurrs because the Z axis command is a 90 deg fise that happens with each complete X/Y execution? Thanks again.

Erik

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 09:16:49 PM »
Not sure what plasma mode does, will have to do a bit of reading and see what exactly it does. I need some sleep now (2:30am) but bump this thread if I havent got back to you tomorrrow.
Hood