Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 04:14:05 PM

Author Topic: IS an E-stop request the same as a Limit request?  (Read 3626 times)

IS an E-stop request the same as a Limit request?
« on: June 06, 2006, 12:44:51 AM »
I am curious about this.

I posted a thread a while ago because I am having difficulty getting the overide limit button to let me click reset in order to move off the limit switch.  As stated in the other thread, everything looks Kosher (i.e. the limit O-ride limits LED on the settings page is flashing red and the Limit OV LED on the Diags screen is steady green.  But when I click reset, nothing happens, I stay in Emergency Mode.

This leads me to beleive that somehow I have something hooked up wrong with my Limit switches.  Currently my E-stop button is inline with my limit switches and I am thinking this is my problem.

Therefore the question- is a E-Stop request and a Limit Request the same to Mach?  In other words, can someone tell me if they have found this to be true...
if you hit your E-stop button there is no way to reset Mach out of Emergency mode UNLESS, you reset your E-stop button and then Click 'reset'.  Whereas, if Mach sees a limit switch activated, it WILL allow for a reset out of Emergency mode (assuming the manual overide limits button is selected).

Thanks for any insight!

Regards,
Sid

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
Re: IS an E-stop request the same as a Limit request?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 03:41:50 AM »

his leads me to beleive that somehow I have something hooked up wrong with my Limit switches.  Currently my E-stop button is inline with my limit switches and I am thinking this is my problem.

Yep that is your problem. The estop should be all by itself. I bet you have the e-stop pin checked in your ports and pins and set to the same pin as you limits (think about what that is trying to do in the program). If you change the pin in the ports and pins and remove it from the limit loop it will work correct. Don't forget to change the active low or active high on the new e-stop pn.

For a quick test try just disabling the estop in ports and pins.

chad

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 12:23:51 AM »
That's kinda what I thought.  I guess one of the pitfalls with putting together a system yourself is having to figure out all this stuff.

Didn't have time today to mess with it but, as soon as I do, I'll let ya know how it turns out.  I'm sure that will fix me up though.

Thanks Chad!

Regards,
Sid

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 02:12:08 PM »
No problem, happy to help.

I am learning as i go too..

chad
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 12:43:32 AM »
Eureka!  That was it.  Changed the limit switch wires over and all of a sudden everything is right with the world!  Thanks again!

Regards,
Sid