Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:01:49 PM

Author Topic: What settings do I need to fix to get efficient code  (Read 3196 times)

What settings do I need to fix to get efficient code
« on: August 19, 2008, 10:07:20 PM »

First I would like my depths to proceed to the next depth cutting pass instead of going to .32 then the next depth.  There is probably a lot more I am missing but the ones mentioned is where most of my time is spent fixing at the moment.

Second, the elongated oval shape took some straightening of the gcode to get it cutting in an efficient order. I could rearrange with the within layers but not entities.

I am pretty new with this program and any help is much appreciated.

David
Re: What settings do I need to fix to get efficient code
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 10:40:33 PM »
ok figured out the problem with there being excessive chains. Now I just need to figure out where to adjust for the .32 in the z axis so that the cut proceed going futher down without raising up then back down.

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 12:45:28 AM »
Hi, DAVID

i really do not know what you are after .took a look at your dxf and your tap file so i gave it a shot. i could see all the Z moves in the tap file and i guess you
wanted to clean them up. here is a new tap file , is this kind of what you are after. if it is still to many Z moves you can delete them out of the g-code.

bill

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 07:19:13 AM »
that is a lot better what settings on the layers did you do or did you have to remove gcode. Right now I would go in and delete what I didn't want. I am just trying to get the minimum amount of code removal coming directly out of lazycam. With some of my tap files with more detailed drawings have a large amount of excess z movement and  just by removing it reduces about 30 minutes on the total run time of the program.

David

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 02:31:26 AM »
David

if you are just getting started with l-cam and a cad program you did pretty good.your dxf was pretty nasty and had a lot of trash in it ,but that will get better as you learn how to draw.this comes with time.the same goes for the l-cam.
the clean and optimize buttons are your biggest helpers to get good chains.then when you have good chains you can mess with cut order and rapids.

bill