Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:40:30 PM

Author Topic: Loosing Coordinates  (Read 6067 times)

Re: Loosing Coordinates
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 06:07:04 AM »
I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at there , but it does seem to jump around a bit and I have seen some noisy bits. If there is a problem with the driver , how could this be resolved ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 06:35:02 AM »
If the line is jumping around with pretty large peaks then that may well be your problem, the only thing you can try is the optimisation stepsdetailed at the bottom of the downloads page.
Hood
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 08:12:52 AM »
Hi

Since our last disgussion , we have decided to move the milling machine to another computer ( computer #2 ) wich are not that busy , but now we have other problems. On the new computer the software is not fully functional. You are able to load GCode and so forth , But the program does not want to run the GCode, nor does it respond to jogging commands . Upon loading the software onto computer #3 , everything seems to be working fine , although we'd like to get the software working on computer #2.

Computer #2 is running at 1.7GHz and has got 736 Mb of RAM. We have never used this computer's LPT1 and I'm wandering what effect
a fualty printer port might have on Mach 3 operation. We havn't got anything else to test the printer port with.