Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 06:17:22 PM

Author Topic: Wizard output - saving  (Read 4358 times)

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
Wizard output - saving
« on: August 11, 2008, 11:08:32 AM »
I ran the gear cutting wizard and it appears to generate G-code with a main loop and a subroutine. When initially loaded into Mach I can see the main loop and I can edit code and save it out to a file. The subroutine appears to be in a separate file called index.tap which I guess must be a temporary file. Once the program runs into the subroutine I can stop it and save the subroutine out as a file as well. I wanted to save the files out so I can edit them a bit and use them later without having to run the wizard again possibly making mistakes entering the data, Also, don't have a an A axis so I would put pauses in to ask me to manually turn the rotary table for the next tooth.
 My question is - how do I use the two files again short of editing them together into one G-code file containing both the main loop and the subroutine. Is there a way to put them back into mach as two separate files to be run again?

Sage
Re: Wizard output - saving
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 09:31:07 PM »
Yes, the wizard generates a main file called NewProgram.tap that is placed in the Gcode folder, and Index.tap that is placed in the subroutine folder.

You can simply rename the files using Windows Explorer to whatever you like. You will have to also edit the NewProgram.tap file to call whatever name you give to the index file. Then simply use the Load Gcode button and choose the file. When it runs mach will find the subroutine.