Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 12:40:28 AM

Author Topic: Pokeys Mach Setup Help  (Read 4748 times)

Pokeys Mach Setup Help
« on: October 06, 2008, 10:06:58 AM »
I have my pokeys board setup and configured for an input on pin 1 and I have a switch wired to it. My question is how do I program Mach to read the input for the button to reset mach ( for example). If someone could give me a demo Brain or tell me what I need to do to get this to work I should be able to figure out the rest. 

Thanks,
Tom

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
Re: Pokeys Mach Setup Help
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 01:30:06 PM »
UsePoKeys software to configure pins for input or output
Set Mach3 to Port 10 pins 1 - 55
Each input can also be used as a keystroke emulator for Mach3 or any other application.

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 02:07:30 PM »
Thanks for the response but I am not sure of exactly what I am doing.  I have configured the pokeys device for input on pin 1, sent to the device. Then I bring the pokeys device to my Mach computer and plug it in to the USB.  In ports and pins in mach I set OEM trigger1 on inputs to port 10, pin 1.  I then configure the system hotkey for oem trigger 1 to Oem#1021(Reset).  I wired a button to pin 1 on the pokeys board and the ground end of the switch to the GND on the pokeys board. When I press the button nothing happens. I pull up the pokeys menu in mach and it shows nothing. I have the pokeys devive enabled in the plugin.  I must be doing something wrong but I have no idea what. Please Help.

Thanks,
Tom

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 02:57:08 PM »
Tom!

You are doing all right.
We slightly changed comunication protocol for PoKeys55 in latest software version because of more performance under Mach. New protocol is not supported in Mach plugin yet.
Just talked with our developer. New software update with improvements asked by Art will be ready in a week. (more Mach functionality)
After that Art promised that he will update Mach plugin.

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope