Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:16:03 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 freeze with my wireless network  (Read 5136 times)

Mach3 freeze with my wireless network
« on: August 09, 2008, 10:46:16 PM »
I have a dedicated computer in my basement running Mach3.

I do all my drawing and programming on my main computer in my workroom.

When a program is finish, I have to copy it on my USB key and transfer it to my computer running Mach3 in my basement.

I have tried a couple of time to connect my Mach3 computer to internet and to connect to my wireless network so I can transfer my CNC program from my main computer to the other.

The problem is as soon as I install the wireless board, Mach3 will not run, the computer freeze, I have to reset it.

They're not conflict in the control panel, tried the special driver, no success, driver test run fine.

I can connect to the internet and surf on the web.

I had to remove this board in order to install the wireless board (No more PCI slot)

I have tried to re-install Mach3 when the wireless board in in the computer with no success again.

I really don't know what to do.

If somebody could help!!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 10:50:51 PM by ostie01 »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 freeze with my wireless network
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 02:52:40 AM »
I think Brett had problems with wireless connections, maybe he discovered something. I have used wireless conections on my mill and not had any problems but it was a USB wireless adapter that I used.
Hood

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 06:41:55 AM »
You could always run a cable from wherever your wireless router is down to the basement and just use a wired connection. Not the answer your looking for, though.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 09:41:15 AM »
I am running a similar wireless network with no problem.  Have not had any conflicts with Mach3 and the wireless network card.  Also have a wireless mouse on the shop computer  and have had no problems with interference.

You did say that you have separate Mach3 program on each computer; Didn't you?  I do the design and program code on my office computer then use my Wi-Fi connection to import the LCAM and Tap files into my shop computer.  Works well.  Occasionally, I will forget and try to run a program or load Mach3 from the office computer to the shop computer and that does not work.

Bob@BobsShop - whistling and Wi-Fi-ing

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 09:58:03 AM »
Ostie, I had nothing but trouble from a wireless connection on my machine PC. It would even cause the blue screen of death. I have heard of many having great success with wireless, but it didn't work for me at all. I never narrowed it any further than the wireless connection though. It was too easy to run a cable and do away with it. I was using a D-link USB adapter. I would even get the blue screen of death. What brand is the card you've been trying?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 10:07:13 AM »
I have a similar set up as described.

My office computer has the wireless router attached via a cable. My workshop computer has a wireless dongle in one of the USB ports.

I don't do anything fancy - just set up the wireless network using  Windows. and tranfer the files via the "My Network places" folders - works very well.

Perhaps the card insert has interference problems. I would try a wireless dongle on your workshop setup.
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.