Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 10:55:51 AM

Author Topic: How to probe and associate it to G54, G55 and so on  (Read 5022 times)

How to probe and associate it to G54, G55 and so on
« on: July 30, 2008, 09:41:30 AM »
Hi, I have multiple parts which they have their own coordinate. (4 parts on the table), first one is G54, second is G55, etc.

When I probe, how can I associate the first part to G54, the second to G55 and so on.

Do I have to program a macro for G54, one for G55

When I probe, I would like Mach3 to take the GetVar(*********X) and associate it to G54 for X-Y-Z and same thing for the others parts, except, they have to be associate to G55, G56, G57

This the kind of macro I use,  something like it

If GetOemLed (825) <> 0 Then       Code "(Probe plate is grounded, check connection and try again)" 'this goes in the status bar if applicable
Else
   Code "G4 P1"         
   CurrentFeed = GetOemDRO(818)   
   Code "F4"
   XNew = GetDro(0) + 1 
   Code "G31 X" &XNew
   While IsMoving()      '
   Wend
   XNew = GetVar(2000)      '
   Code "G0 X" &XNew
   While IsMoving ()
   Wend
   Code "F" &CurrentFeed       
End If

Thanks for any help, Jeff

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: How to probe and associate it to G54, G55 and so on
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 04:44:56 AM »
The logic of Mach 3 is such that : -
1. All working co-ordinates are kept in Machine Co-ordinates. This is how the machine remembers where it is.

2.If you change to Program Co-ordinates, jog to start position and the zero the DRO's they will go to zero.

3. The machine however, does not work in Program Co-ordinates so it has to alter something to compensate, and the thing it alters is the offset. If one has not been selected, then it alters the G54 offset.

To answer your query then I would do this:
1. Ref All Home - This sets all your Machine-Co-ordinates to zero. (It does not matter where this position is, it is just a reference point for the machine).
2. Change to Program Co-ordinates. On the MDI line type your first offset (do not use G54) suggest you start at G55.
Jog to your first position and use the probe to locate it properly - then zero the DRO's. This zeros the DROs but also changes the offset (G55)so the machine knows where it is.. The position you have probed must be the 0,0,0 of the program.
3. Change your offset by typing in G56 and jog to the second position, probe, zero the DRO's - this sets G56
4. Do the same for G57 and G58.

If you now look in your Fixtures table - Config/Fixtures you will see the offsets entered.

If you have home switches fitted, then your program should ref all home, enter the first offset, run the program, enter the second offset, run the program, etc.
If you do not have home switches, then jog to the start point of you first job, Ref all home, and just offset the other three from it.

The jobs can all be the same , or indeed, different. Provided you have correctly located the 0,0,0 point of each one.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 04:52:17 AM by jimpinder »
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.