Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:03:22 PM

Author Topic: Limit Switches go crazy  (Read 6955 times)

ryanpb

Re: Limit Switches go crazy
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 12:39:39 AM »
Sid

I have the Bidirectrional breakout board.  On may computer all the pictures are fuzz except for the last one which is marked different than mine.  Besides the input 10 - 15 pins  is 5 volts not ground so the little E stop would be going from 5 volts to pin 10.  The pins 2-9 which are input in my case only put out around .2-3 volts.  I have tried using the normal input pins from ground and from 5 volts with the same result.

from earlier I have the SS relays hooked up as outputs for the spindle etc and they work fine.

I will look thing over again in the morning.  Keep them coming maybe we will hit on some thing.

Thanks Ryan
Re: Limit Switches go crazy
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 04:00:52 AM »
Ryan,

An excerpt form the .pdf installation/wiring file posted on the cnc4pc.website ...

PAGE 1 "Input and output pins with close by ground connections.
Forget about grounding problems. Easily connect your pin using your close by ground
connection..."

PAGE 3

"Testing:
Test the operation of the card and its connection to your computer and software before
connecting more hardware. To test output signals connect a LED and resistor between the
output pin been tested and ground, then activate the signal from your software. To test input
signals connect a wire between the pin been tested and ground, then read the input on your
software."

This means 0V should be applied to this input.  Maybe you have a bad board?