Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 03:05:58 AM

Author Topic: How to generate G-code in Mach 3  (Read 13750 times)

Offline JG

•  61 61
    • View Profile
How to generate G-code in Mach 3
« on: April 03, 2007, 06:56:23 PM »
It will no doubt be very obvious   -  once I've done it   -   but I've spent two days (well, part of) trying without success.

I can create .DXF, .WMF, HPGL or any of the supported bitmap format files using CorelDRAW but trying to create G-Code using LazyCam I find totally impossible.

I can get an outline of the object on the LazyCam screen when I import an HPGL file but all other vector formats report the file contains 'splines' which cannot be imported and then tells me that there is nothing to import.

When I do get an outline I can rotate it and move the origin but cannot see any 'button' to create the G-Code. Looking in the options or lazyCam  when I hit the G-Code button I see that there is a tick box for "Send file to Mach 3 when posted" but even with this 'ticked' on clicking the 'OK' button I get a 'File Creation error'.

I'm sure the collected wisdom here can point me to what I'm doing wrong.

JG

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: How to generate G-code in Mach 3
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 07:02:43 PM »
JG,  I have sent you a personal message.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 03:55:58 AM »
Hi Brett, I have a simillar problem to JG in that when I try to generate the G-code using the button I get the file creation error message. I can import the dxf file o.k. and do all the manipulations but nothing after that. would appreciate the help

Offline JG

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 04:04:03 AM »
Hi Keith,

My problem was that I had installed Mach 3 (and all ancilliary programs) on my 'Progra' Drive ('P'). Once I'd un-installed and re-installed - accepting the default location of drive 'C' - I can create G-Code correctly.

Because LazyCam is still in Beta, I suspect that they haven't yet sorted out the dynamic location issues that one expects of a robust program.

JG
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 04:14:17 AM »
Thanks JG I will try that and see what happens

Regards Keith