Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:32:22 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 using Galil servo card  (Read 13812 times)

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 using Galil servo card
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2008, 09:34:30 PM »
Jeff is correct, It is also helpful to create a startup program using the label #AUTO as the first line. You can set various defaults and even run part of the program under another thread. Save using the "BP" command. That program will execute following the many resets caused by the plugin.
Kenny
Having way too much fun! Something must surely be wrong.

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
Re: Mach3 using Galil servo card
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 10:27:43 AM »
I would add that your I/O defaults should be set and burned into the Galil as well. This is the only way to ensure that they come out of a reset in the proper state. Do not dpened on Mach or a user program to set up the I/O.

I do have a user program running in #AUTO on mine. It reads the extended I/O and stashes teh results in the unused aux encoder inputs (as Econo series boards do not have a secondary communication channel to read the ex I/O automatically) and it monitors a couple of inputs (main contactor and brake) for the proper state and kills the servo enable if the wrong state is seen. This latter adds some HW supervision to Mach saying that it is OK to enable the servos.

You have to be really careful in this area of having user programs and Mach both fiddling with the I/O. It's best to keep it simple and not have them trying to set the same bits.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt