Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:34:28 AM

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP! NEED MAXPATH42 ROUTER CONTROLLER SCHEMATIC.  (Read 6059 times)

Offline maxpath42man

•  10 10
  • I make my own guitar picks, don't you?
    • View Profile
PLEASE HELP! NEED MAXPATH42 ROUTER CONTROLLER SCHEMATIC.
« on: June 10, 2007, 07:03:29 PM »
I am desperately looking for a schematic for a MAXpath42 controller so I can determine if the controller has gone bad.

Please, let me know  if you have a schematic for this controller.

I am going to be checking againg here often to see if anyone can help.

Thanks.

Re: PLEASE HELP! NEED MAXPATH42 ROUTER CONTROLLER SCHEMATIC.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 09:47:58 AM »
Do you have encoders on the back of your motors? we need to know if it is a CL or not...

I don't have the XML files with me for your machine but when I get back in about 1.5 weeks I can send them to you.

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline maxpath42man

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 12:38:02 AM »
Thanks Brian, I would appreciate it, yes the machine is a close loop system and operates with encoders on the back of the stepper motors.

BTW I figured out the board and did some testing and sure enough  there was a faulty axis, one of the power amps blown, possibly due to a motor lockup and pulling too much current. Also one of the pic chips in line with the faulty axis is questionable but as I said in another post I sent the board to the manufacturer for inspection.

I am still wondering which Mach version 3.0...? would be recommended?  I downloaded Mach version 2.0 a while back but never did anything with it. I guess now is a good time to look into this and see if I can use it with the original MAXPATH 42 boards or perhaps with a Griffin controller. anyone familiar with the Personal CNC control box from Griffin controls?

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 12:55:24 AM by maxpath42man »
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 08:26:14 AM »
Hi,

I have a maxnc15 cl2 and I'm using Mach3 to control it. I'm using the latest lockdown version. If you send me your email address I'll send the xml file I use to you. You may have to make some adjustments to it to suit your needs. It should get your maxpath42 running though. Be sure to watch the Mach3 videos and also remember that this is a great group and Art and Brian are very helpful. Kudos to them all.  8)

Jeff
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 07:22:10 PM by blackrat6355 »

Offline maxpath42man

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 08:20:38 PM »
Ok,  I guess no sleep overnight is worth it when you hear so much about Mach3 and  decided to give it a run, I download the latest version and tried it out with an old controller board I built in the early 90's. 

WOW! Art if you are reading this, what an effort you must have placed in making this program what is is!.   What a great program!, I spent all night watching all your videos and setting up the controller, all worked well and I just can't believe the power the program offers to the user!  Not even my AHA Artisan software has givem me the power and ease of use your program does.  So now I am considering interfacing Mach 3  to a CNC Control box from Griffin Controls that was setup to use with an IF board, on an older IBM machine, but I won't have to use the IF card, good thing, and plug it to the MAXPATH42, directly but have to make new connectors on the MAXPATH steppers , remove the cheap ones and use SUB D ones, until I can get my board back from  MAXNC, but I don't think I am going back to the MAXNC controller, not after one of their people suggested I simply purchase another board without giving me a thorough explanation of what is wrong with my board I left for servicing.   I will not spend another dine with MAXNC, since they have proven to me so far  they don't give a damm about their customers, I also heard rummors that the company is being sold to another owner, and so you can all imagine my position at this point which I am simply going to look for alternatives. Their poor service and runaround BS  is upsetting!.

I am going to spend a little more time interfacing the Griffin control box and will proabbly post again tonight or tomorrow. Thanks to those that offered to help.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 06:23:48 AM »
Just wanted to let you know that maxnc was purchased by a new owner. Maybe their support group will be better now. Why not give them a call and see.

Jeff

Offline maxpath42man

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 08:02:38 PM »
author=Brian Barker link=topic=3395.msg26068#msg26068 date=1181569678]
Do you have encoders on the back of your motors? we need to know if it is a CL or not...

I don't have the XML files with me for your machine but when I get back in about 1.5 weeks I can send them to you.

Thanks
Brian

Brian, it has been a while since I last posted, long story... I got the machine working with the original MAXNC router software on DOS for a while but now I am back to Mach 3 and see if I can get this MAXPATH42 router working again.   YES, the machine has the optical encoders and it is CL.  MAXNC sent me an XML but I cannot get it to work , I am thinking it might be for
a regular mill and not the router itself. So if you are still around or anyone reading this that can help me , I would really appreciate it.

I am trying to get this machine working again today if at all possible, until I get a new machine to arrive, but I have to make some parts with it this we. Hoping that I can get an aswer quick. Thanks alot!.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 08:05:57 PM by maxpath42man »