Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:52:05 PM

Author Topic: Thc 300 Macro not working  (Read 3300 times)

Thc 300 Macro not working
« on: July 20, 2008, 11:01:51 PM »
Hi Group,
This is my first post here on this forum but have used the Yahoo board a few times.
I have a Boss mill and a plasma table controlled by on Mach 3. I'm just putting the finishing touches on the plasma and need some expert help as Macros are over my head.

code "g31z-1"
While IsMoving()
wend
TorchHeight = GetUserDRO(1000)
SwitchTravel = GetUserDRO(1002)

TCutHeight = (getUserDRO (1003) + SwitchTravel)
code "G92Z0"
code "G1Z" & (SwitchTravel + TorchHeight)
While IsMoving()
wend
DoSpinCW()
code "G4 P" & (PierceDelay)
code "G1Z" & (TCutHeight )
TorchHeight = 0
SwitchTravel = 0

I enter M3 in the MDI and Z goes down to -1 and back up to pierce height. It never recognizes my home switch even though I see it work on the diagnostics page. Shouldn't Z reverse at switch or -1 whichever occurs first? Will someone please tell me what I'm missing.

Thanks Harry 8) 8)

Offline KTM

•  92 92
    • View Profile
Re: Thc 300 Macro not working
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 12:47:21 PM »
I have not tried it, but the way I understand it is that G31 uses the probe input to set the tool offset.
Set up your home input as the probe input and theoretically it should work.

Regards

KTM

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 12:55:29 PM »
The program is asking for various parameters - the GetUserDRO are the ones in question - and you must fill these DRO's in before starting, so the machine has something to work on.

You say you put in "M3" - I do not understand this, becasue the program calls an M3 (DoSpin CW) without you having to do that.

Where did you get the program from, and what is it suppose to do. Yes I now it is for plasma work, but can you explain what you expect to happen - and where it is going wrong in your opinion.

KTM has also answered this whilst I have been thinking, so perhaps he knows a little more about it. 
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 11:16:15 PM »
Thanks for the help! Got it working by using the probe selection.