Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:33:42 PM

Author Topic: DXF to G-code oddities (new to this stuff)  (Read 3207 times)

Offline MJR

•  35 35
    • View Profile
DXF to G-code oddities (new to this stuff)
« on: May 30, 2006, 10:02:48 PM »
When I design/draw something (simple) in TurboCad, import that file, then convert to g-code within Mach3, it will not run.  It displays a message about line "O".  It appears to be a file name.  When I edit out that line it works fine.
How can I avoid getting that problem/message everytime?
Also it appears that Mach3 makes some assumptions about the Z axis.  Can I go somewhere within Mach3 and setup some default parameters as per how I would generally cut my projects so when I do a g-code conversion it codes accordingly?

I have looked at the offsets screen and I need to learn a few things (of course & it will never end). All I want to do is offset my tool so that when the project is cut the final project actually is the size as drawn.

One other thing for now. 
I drew a 3 inch diameter circle & cut it.  I drew a 2 X 4 retangle & cut it.  Both were g-code converted thru Mach3.  Here's the weird thing.  The circle cut clock-wise & the square cut counter-clock-wise. Why is this?

Thanks.
Re: DXF to G-code oddities (new to this stuff)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 11:15:49 PM »
Is this in the old importer or in  Lcam?

Thank you
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline MJR

•  35 35
    • View Profile
Re: DXF to G-code oddities (new to this stuff)
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 11:24:04 PM »
I am just loading up the DXF from the file menu in Mach3 then I use the built-in g-code convertor, then I load the new g-code file & run from there.
LCam?  I have not downloaded that.
Thanks.