Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:24:13 PM

Author Topic: spindle and charge pump  (Read 4085 times)

spindle and charge pump
« on: April 10, 2008, 01:19:15 PM »
I am wiring my Spindle through the charge pump and having no luck getting the spindle to start ? Here is the way I have it wired.

Charge Pump has 5 pin blocks on the end and 2 pin blocks on the side.

GND, 12v, N/C, Input, N/O Output
on the side IN 12.5khz, GND,

GND and 12v goes to Charge Pump Power Supply.

N/C has nothing, Input goes to Pin 14, N/O Output goes to -4 side of the Solid State Relay , +3 side of the spindle relay goes to Pin 15.

2 blocks on the side = IN 12.5khz goes to Pin 1, GND goes to LPT GND.

The charge pump is a CNC4PC, Spindle Relay is a Teledyne Solid State Relay 10 amp 120 240 volt,  3-32vdc.
The power supply is  Nemic LamBDA, Model HR-11, 24volt, 5.0amp.

Pin 15 has +5v Red X, Pin 14 +2.48v Green check, Pin 1 +5v Red X
Spindle still doesn't turn on, need HELP on this one. Would it be easies to wire spindle around the charge pump ?  ???

Thanks Wil Trower
Re: spindle and charge pump
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 01:25:00 PM »
Also forgot to mention the Led on the charge pump does not light up and no clicking sound like before I changed the board !
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 08:59:57 AM »
Hello Wil,
Did you ever get this resolved ?
Just wondering....I'm having similar problems.
I sent you a PM also.
Thanks,
RC
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 12:35:16 PM »
Overloaded..

No I received no help on this problem, read what I could find and tried to wire as I stated in my post. But something was not wired wright and fried the board, so I wired the spindle up seperately on a toggle switch..Spindle works OK now, just don't have a charge pump. Not saying it isn't a good thing to have just heaven't figgered out the wiring on it. May buy an other board and try again some time, just need more info first.. My knowledge on wiring is very basic, and these guys are way to smart for me to comprehend what they are saying.. Sorry I can't be any help to you..
Wi Trower
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 12:49:15 PM »
Thanks for responding.....I'm in the "Basic" boat as well.
I can pretty well interpret what I read....depending on how it's written. ::)
Here is an example of what blows my mind.  :P

The second statement is apparently wrong.

Don't hesitate to post your questions...if you get another board. I might have this figured out by then and would be happy to help.
Thanks again Wil,
RC