Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:20:15 AM

Author Topic: So "Gotcha" work arounds for flash wierdness..........  (Read 8416 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
So "Gotcha" work arounds for flash wierdness..........
« on: July 04, 2008, 04:37:56 PM »
all day from 6am, to 7pm, a day or two ago, I was fooling with AS 3.

At any rate, I republished my screens, and all of a sudden, new GREMLINS appeared, checked, and rechecked, rewrote code ALL DAY LONG............. ALL to no avail, I was getting floating window for tool paths, gcode and mdi's.........

Finally, I gave up and called "Yoda" (Jason), He looked over my stuff to, then he said, "Oh look, you changed your Flash Player output to Flash Player 9. and THAT causes major problems, you have to publish to Flash Player 8 for it to run right in mach..............", I did, and POOF, it was working correcty again.
Further, I was having Flash/Mach Crashes when running longer scripts, and I couldn't figure out why. Again, Master Yoda, said, raise your Script error timeout from 15 seconds to 120 seconds, and POOF...............no more crashes...............

It is the little things, boys and girls that set the Mighty, above the average..................

Both of these settings live under your "Publish settings".

Thanks, a Million+ to Jason, again..........

Scott
fun times

Offline da21

•  87 87
    • View Profile
    • M-Machine
Re: So "Gotcha" work arounds for flash wierdness..........
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 03:09:19 AM »
thanks for that gottcha Scott ,

Dave
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 11:15:30 PM »
I am having major crashing issues, and when switching from screen to screen I get the graphics window of the previous screen remains over the top.
Also going in and out of a wizzard, leaves things behind from the previous screen, and no gcode but it will still run if it doesn't crash.

I am running the following.
AMD 3500 athalon
2GB ddr2 600mhz ram
2 x 160gb westerndigital caviar HD
geforce 5700 gts graphics
(a gaming computer 1.5 - 2 yrs old) A bit overkill, but its what I had.

It is completely bare only mach 3, and all the optimising is done.
I have just changed to mach 3.?? developers in the hop it might fix it, updated to flash player 9 etc.
I set my publish settings as per Scott's

I am not totally proficient with flash, only really enough to add buttons and modify a slider's looks, call VB scrip text etc.
My screen is really just a slight modification of Jason's mach nation screen as he helped me get started (thanks again Jason).
I am thinking of starting from scratch and build a new screen, but my fear is that after a heap of work (and a lot more learning), my stability issues will remain !

Any flash screen I use mine or others suffer from the same things.

Any help would be great!

Cheers,
James.

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 04:17:27 PM »
Hi James,
We talked via email and worked it out.

The included Flash.DLL provide with the Mach installer is corrupt.
I will provide the working Flash dll to all here in a sticky topic.

Hopefully Brian will get that fixed.