Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:08:36 AM

Author Topic: CNC Boring machine  (Read 3377 times)

CNC Boring machine
« on: July 02, 2008, 02:17:08 PM »
Hi to everyone. I am new in this field of engineering and I me very interesting about CNC manufacturing.
I need some help and a hope that someone can help me.
I have WEEKE CNC boring machine and my intention is to change in to MIG/TIG welding machine. The machine was in very bad condition and I repair some parts. I have all components (servo motors, encoders, cables, amplifiers….). Here you are a few pictures of control drives and please give me directions how to connect these components with servos, encoders and PC. My amplifiers is made by ABB Alsthom-Parvex.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 03:36:07 PM by Chaoticone »

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: CNC Boring machine
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 02:33:05 PM »
I am at a loss to understand how you can change a boring machine into a MIG welder.

Do you mean  this has a table with an overhead drilling platform that can move about the table and drill holes where you want.
You want to replace the drill with a MIG or Tig welding torch and use it to automatically weld to a pattern ???

The electronics look very old. Does it all work, or have you just got all the parts that you want to assemble.

This forum is for Mach 3, and is not a general engineering forum (although we have a lot of good engineers) so to advise you on that machine would be impossible, unless someone has experience with it.

Mach 3 is a computer program which runs on a P.C. It can provide outputs for up to 6 axis motors, to move them in accordance with a GCode program. The problem is the interface with the machine - your machine.

Mach 3 provides computer level signals (0 - +5V) to drive your axis motors, relays etc. It provides step signals and direction signals to tell the motors what to do. If your servo motors and amplifier system does not accept step and direction signals then Mach 3 cannot run it - and you would have to replace all your servo motors and drivers with ones that would.

I am sorry to be so gloomy, perhaps someone else to give an opinion

Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: CNC Boring machine
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 10:21:01 PM »
I'm assuming it's a woodworking machine, point to point perhaps? If so, this is probably an extremely complicated conversion your undertaking. And far too difficult to explain here. Or is it a simpler machine?
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html