Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:38:27 AM

Author Topic: PCB manufacturing  (Read 12030 times)

PCB manufacturing
« on: February 12, 2008, 03:37:46 AM »
Has anyone tried to make PCB using much3, what will be the best value hardware set to work with much3 for making PCB?

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: PCB manufacturing
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 02:44:00 PM »
Hi, Clachan

Yes, Do a Search above, PCB

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 02:46:37 PM by Chip »
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 02:18:30 AM »
Thank you Chip, got it.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 09:33:17 PM »
I've done PCB milling on a Sherline mill.   I export the g-code from Eagle PCB software and run it in Mach 3.  I used the Sherline 2800 rpm motor assembly and it worked fine.  I did have to make sure the speeds were down around 5 ipm to prevent the breaking of the small bits.  I have since gotten a 45000rpm air driven assembly for it but haven't yet milled anything with it.
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 07:55:23 PM »
Hello Anthomas:

How did you export the g-code from Eagle PCB? I can not find this function from Eagle PCB.
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 10:48:31 PM »
Try
/http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcb-gcode/

I haven't actually cut a board yet but have generated gcode and cut air with Eagle, this and Mach3 Grex.Ê I'm trying to decide wether I should mount a Dremel or a Bosch 30k rpm router on my 2200 rpm max mill.

Mike
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 08:32:28 AM »
Hello Anthomas:

How did you export the g-code from Eagle PCB? I can not find this function from Eagle PCB.
There is a plug-in (ULP) that allows the exporting of g-code from eagle.  I also use a neat plug-in plug-in called Eagle PCB power tools for importing gerber files.

I have included the links.

ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/eagle/userfiles/ulp/pcb-gcode-3.3.2.zip

ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/eagle/userfiles/misc/eagle_pcb_power_tools4_16.exe

« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 08:36:52 AM by athomas »
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 10:33:26 AM »
Athomas, thank you very much for the kind information.
I tried PCB-gcode. It did product G code from an example. I need to verify the G-code to see whether it is OK or not. In addition, a ulp plug-in is able to convert  the eagle file to DXF file so you can edit the drawing through Autocad. Similarly, I am hesitating for the spindle in my CNC milling machine made by myself. It is working beautifully with 0 backslash.
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 06:08:15 AM »
Thanks athomas - been looking for something that'll output PCB g-code for a while and just tried one of the eagle example PCB's - now I just need to figure out how to use Eagle :)

Hello Anthomas:

There is a plug-in (ULP) that allows the exporting of g-code from eagle.  I also use a neat plug-in plug-in called Eagle PCB power tools for importing gerber files.

I have included the links.

ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/eagle/userfiles/ulp/pcb-gcode-3.3.2.zip

ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/eagle/userfiles/misc/eagle_pcb_power_tools4_16.exe