Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:03:43 PM

Author Topic: Relay Board  (Read 3391 times)

Relay Board
« on: July 03, 2008, 07:21:52 AM »
I'm using a Probotix relay board to turn the router on/off.  Does the spindle command activate the board. I'm using Mach3mill post processor. Also the board is configured to drive "A".

Inivator

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: Relay Board
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 01:51:20 PM »
Your description of what you are trying to do is a bit vague. Are you trying to activate the spindle motor??

The probotix relay board is a simple driver to power three relays from your breakout board signals - these can be anything you have configured on Mach 3.

The three inputs require +5 volts signal to activate the relay. You do not require a connection to the A axis header.

If it is the spindle motor you are trying to activate, then the M3 command is the correct signal to use. This must be turned on  - see Config/Ports and Pins/Spindle set up - top left hand conrner and allocate M3 and M4 (reverse) to Output pins. These can be anything, but use 1 and 2 if you have not used any before. Then on Config?ports and Pins/Output signals, apply Output#1 to whatever pin you wish to use. If you need Reverse, apply Output#2 as well.

On your breakout board then run the connection from that pin to a relay input on your relay board.

If you test it by typing M3 on the MDI line, then your breakout board pin should alter.  If Probotix have their voltages right, this should produce a +5 on the output.This, applied to the relay board, should fire the relay. You then need to connect the relay to whatever fires up your spindle motor.

Typing M5 turns it off.
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.