Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 10:18:03 AM

Author Topic: Computer restarting with blue screen of death when running mach3.  (Read 6617 times)

I have been having some bad luck with mach 3.  I installed it and it works fine but it crashes the computer.  It shows blue screen of death and restarts.  Then says the system has recovered from a serious error.  It does it at different times, sometimes as soon as I start mach 3 and some times when I try to jog.  One thing that always does it pretty quick is to run a program.  It will restart everytime very quickly.  I have reinstalled the driver and the special driver that has helped others so I have read.  When I put the special driver in the last time it ran the longest it ever has maybe not from that but I don't know what to do about it.  Has anyone found a fix for this.  Is it my computer or what, should I try to reinstall windows.

Any advice is helpful.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Computer restarting with blue screen of death when running mach3.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 09:15:43 PM »
Dwilley, The only time I have seen this is when there was a conflict with a wireless network adapter driver and when I was tearing things up in VB  ::) . Is this a dedicated PC or do you have other applications running in the background?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 09:55:22 PM »
This computer is dedicated.  I have stopped everything I could running in the background.  When I first installed mach 3 I didn't restart, I didn't read the manual.  After reading that I reinstalled and restarted after install but it still restarts.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 04:25:49 AM »
You will have to  uninstall Mach from Add Remove programmes once you have dont that go to device manager and see if the driver is still there, if it is delete it. Reboot and reinstal and see if that helps.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 06:33:44 PM »
Having been a Macintosh user since 1984, I had to buy my first PC for my CNC machine. I followed all the instructions for loading Mach3 and rebooting etc. and in my first couple of trial runs I got the 'blue screen of death' when doing some jogging. I just put it down to it being a PC and not a proper computer (! ... don't you hate those Mac users!) and restarted and all seems to be going OK again.

Cheers,
Alan
He who dies with the most tools, still dies ... but it's fun along the way.