Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:07:02 AM

Author Topic: G02 & G03  (Read 3319 times)

G02 & G03
« on: June 13, 2008, 12:48:08 AM »
Searched but didn't find topic.
 When I tried simple sub routine using  G03 move it actually went clockwise while it showed on screen it was going counterclockwise. Anyone know whats problem? I tried G02 in the sub routine and it moved counterclockwise while showing onscreen moving clockwise. ???

Thanks

Travis 

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
Re: G02 & G03
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 01:36:36 AM »
Is this on a lathe? Turn seems to run it's arcs in reverse of the normal directions, G2 clockwise and G3 counterclockwise.
    DaveA.

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 01:54:04 AM »
There is nothing wrong with Mach 3 - BUT - because the program is so flexible, setting all the "bits and pieces" up together is sometimes quite difficult. I am having "difficulty" (i.e. I need to do a great deal of headscratching) when reconciling the movement of my "milling" head in relation to the toolpath.

1. Are you looking at the table, or at the tool. It is the TOOL that moves - not the table.
2. When you say they move in the wrong "clock" - do they actually complete your program correctly - i.e. join up with straight bits on either side - or just take off into pastures new.
3. You must make sure that your axis are set up correctly, and move in the correct direction. If what you say is happening, then one (not both) axis is set up the wrong way. Put a felt tip pen in the cutter chuck. If you start at 0.0 and tell the machine to draw a semi circle G2 x2 y0 r1 this should draw a hump up and to the right. If it draws up and left, the x axis is wrong, if it draws down and to the right the y axis is wrong
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 02:26:55 AM »
 :P I reversed Y axis. I should have recognized it was backwards but I was just so excited I finally have everyting working correctly. Brain fart it's late.

Thanks Travis