Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:09:44 PM

Author Topic: My Fixtures are not "fixing"  (Read 8197 times)

Re: My Fixtures are not "fixing"
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 08:18:05 AM »
Hi hood,

Yes, it's the mill work ofsets.

My main 2 jigs (8 locations each) I have set up the offsets as 11 to 18 for jig 1 and 21 -28 for jig 2.

For genneral work I use G54, load the job in the vice, zero and away I go.

If by accident I zero an single job "thinking" I'm set to G54 but have another ofset selected, it overwrites the offset table with the current position.
So I try to check the work offsett table before running with the 8 way jigs and double check the toolpath.

It's down to my pilot error but I would like to be able to lock the ofset number for the particular jigs. (i.e 11-18 and 21-28)

I set up the first position of the jig with g54 selected and in the ofset table the first position is set to 0,0,0. (I'm not using home limits) all the other locations are reference from position 1. (offset 11 or 21).

I guess this is just a bit of idiot proofing ;D ;D and thats why it would help me :) :)

ATB

Derek.

You can "chop it off" but can't "chop it on"

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 02:56:38 AM »
I woke up this morning with the answer.

When on "Machine Co-ordinates" the DRO shows that figure, which it gets directly from it's own internal DRO. When you are looking at program co-ordinates, it gets the "Machine Co-ordinates" and then looks to see what the active offset is, and then adds (or sudtracts) that.

The problem is we can change the program co-ordinates on the screen - but Mach must still satisfy the equation. It cannot change the "Machine Co-ordinates" so it does the only other thing, and changes the active offset.

The only way to get round this is to use an offset as a gash one, and select this first, before you change any DROs. On page 2 of Mach - Midi Alt2) there is a DRO for the Work Offset. Putting a 1 in there selects G54, which I suppose could become the gash offset.

There appeasr to be a fault in the MDI line, because I cannot get it to take G59. As soon as I type the 9, it clears. Therefore on the MDI you are limited to G54 to G58. It will take a number in the Work Offset though and select all the g59 offsets as well.
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 03:22:51 AM »
There appeasr to be a fault in the MDI line, because I cannot get it to take G59. As soon as I type the 9, it clears.

What exactly are you meaning by that Jim? are you meaning the MDI line clears as soon as you type the 9 of G59?
Hood

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 11:49:13 PM »
Yes - exactly that. I have just tried it again now. Started up Mach 3. I have the fixture table filled with offsets.
On the MDI page, I type in G55 - fine -up comes G55 right up to G59.

I type in G and 5 and as soon as I type the 9 the MDI line closes.

This is my office computer - using Mill. I haven't tried it on the workshop computer.
I know the G59P7 and P8 work in a GCode program, because I was using it yesterday, so I am at a bit of a loss. 

vmax549

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 10:40:34 AM »
HI JIM, I just tried the G59pxx command on the MDI here and it works just fine. V3.041

For what it is worth, (;-) TP

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 11:04:47 AM »
Yes meant to say it works fine for me as well, thoought maybe it was a limitation of a demo but removed my licence and it still worked so thats not the problem.

Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 01:39:22 PM »
Jim, I have seen similar things when I assigned hot keys to buttons other than the Default Mach. 9 on the numeric pad is Page Up if number lock isn't on, same as jog Z+.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 02:00:35 PM »
Just tried all combinations I can think of as well and all seem fine here.

Brett

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 02:05:29 PM »
Yes - I was using the numeric keys above the letter set. This gives the effect I was talking about .

If I use the number pad, I can get the numbers 5 and 9  to register, if the number lock is one way (sorry I don't know which). If I toggle it the numbers don't register.

So I can get there if I need to.

Thanks Brett

;D

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 03:17:34 PM »
No problem Jim. Thank you for helping out.

Brett