Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:41:34 AM

Author Topic: Screenset for my touch screen  (Read 108151 times)

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
Re: Screenset for my touch screen
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 09:58:19 PM »
Hood, I am in the process of installing a touch screen.  I downloaded your zip file.  How do I get from the zip to an installed screen set?

Thanks

Vince

Hood

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2006, 03:59:32 AM »
Hi Vince
 You need to unzip the HoodButtons folder to C:\Mach3\Bitmaps and the 1024MPGcarbon.set goes in C:\Mach3
Nice to see you here Vince ;) Any progress on the ballscrews?
Hood

Hood

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2006, 04:00:41 AM »
Oh also make sure you have one of the later versions of Mach3 as I dont think the LEDs will work in version 1.84.
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2006, 02:11:52 PM »
Hood,

I have a touch screen and would like to try the screens you've developed.

Servo

Hood

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2006, 03:12:04 PM »
Hood,

Servo

You should be able to download from the link in the fifth post. Once downloaded just unzip the hoodsbuttons folder to C:\Mach3\Bitmaps and then place the 1024MPGcarbon.set screenset in C:\Mach3. All you should need to do is then open Mach and from the view menu pick load screens and browse to the Mach3 folder and choose the screen.
 Be aware that the screen is set up for the way I work and some of the hotkeys may be different from standard.

Hood
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 05:22:52 PM »
Hood

Tried your screen today, very nice but for some reason it won't work on my small touch screen 800x600, works fine on my normal screen 1024x768.
All the other screens I've tried work fine in 800x600 as long as I click the auto enlarge button in config/settings, when I tried this with your screen it squashed it all up against the top of the screen.
Any Ideas? or am I going to have to buy a bigger touch screen just to use your screen design.

Thanks

Chris

Hood

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 05:30:04 PM »
Never tried it at a smaller resolution. It was designed as 1024x768 so maybe its all it will do. I seem to remember seeing something about screen bunching when auto enlarge was used, might have something to do with the buttons I have moved off screen for future modifications. I will have a look and see if it works when I delete them.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 05:45:01 PM »
I have found out the problem but dont know how to get rid of it. I remember when I was making the screenset I used the background that zealous had in his screen, somehow it got enlarged and I could not edit or delete it. It is on the diagnostics page and the only way I could get rid of it was by renaming the file. Unfortunately it seems that somewhere in the screenset the background is still registered as that size and I just dont know how I can edit it, maybe Benny or someone will have an idea?

Hood
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2006, 06:17:30 PM »
Hood

Fair enough, thanks for trying.

Cheers

Chris
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2006, 11:33:31 AM »
Hood,

I tried your screens but can't get them to display properly. The screen seems to be all scrunched up in a narrow strip across the top of the screen about 1 1/2" wide from the top down. My screen is set at 1024x768 and I downloaded 1.9.75 with the same result. Where did I go wrong?

Servo
Hood,

Servo

You should be able to download from the link in the fifth post. Once downloaded just unzip the hoodsbuttons folder to C:\Mach3\Bitmaps and then place the 1024MPGcarbon.set screenset in C:\Mach3. All you should need to do is then open Mach and from the view menu pick load screens and browse to the Mach3 folder and choose the screen.
 Be aware that the screen is set up for the way I work and some of the hotkeys may be different from standard.

Hood