Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:20:54 PM

Author Topic: Screenset for my touch screen  (Read 108333 times)

Hood

Screenset for my touch screen
« on: May 20, 2006, 04:48:41 PM »
Heres screenshots of the screen  I am working on at the moment, it will probably not be much use to most people as I have stripped away a lot of the usual controls that are in Mach and have added a lot to pages they might not normally be found.
  I wanted the screen layout to be fairly simple but still look good and to my eyes I think I have managed that, it probably wont suit most tastes. It is set out the way I work which may be totally alien to most people but it suits me.
   Benny has been a great inspiration in this project with his enthusiasm and brilliant tutorials. Zealouse's screen was the inspiration for mine and there are quite a lot of similarities and I have used his basic buttons but changed the text and size to suit myself.
 Anyway heres the ones I have so far, first is the Program Run, then MDI and finally the ToolPath screen. I have not done the Settings and Diagnostics pages yet.
Hood

Online Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Screenset for my touch screen
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 05:39:42 PM »
Nice work Hood, I would love a copy for my touch screen when they are finished, if thats OK by you.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops

Hood

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 05:45:41 PM »
Sure, no problem at all. Be aware though that I have hot keys set up for my button panel and I am not sure if I have changed standard Hot Keys or not so test with caution.
I will try and put it up on my site in a minute and as I complete it I will update.
Hood

Online Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 05:50:58 PM »
Great, thanks, I will set the hot keys to my liking so it wont be a problem.

Graham.

Hood

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 05:58:18 PM »
You can download it from here http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/hoodsmachiningpages/HoodButtons.zip
Just do the usual, unzip and place the 1024MPGcarbon.set to Mach3 folder and place the Hoodsbuttons folder in the Bitmaps folder in Mach3 directory, should work ;)

Hood

Online Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 06:04:08 PM »
Thanks I will give it a go tomorrow.

Graham.
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 06:53:42 PM »
Nice and clean layout Hood.

Ideal for a touch screen....

Great stuff !

Shaun

Hood

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2006, 07:04:08 PM »
Graham
 I have found an error in the script for the "Display mode"  button on the toolpath page, it should have "value" in the first and second lines,instead it has just got "val" . Edit them by adding the "ue " on the end and it should work OK.
 I have also been having a look at the diagnostics page and a lot of the LEDs are screwed up. I seem to get a problem where if I do something in screen 4 it changes all the LEDs to Estop or other system functions rather than their OEM code or whatever. Its a bit of a pain as I then have to go into each individual LED and change it back by checking the OEM box or selecting its proper function from the drop down box. I thought it was only when I edited script in Mach with the screenset open at the same time in Screen 4 but this doesnt seem to be the case as it has happened since.

Shaun
 Thanks, thats exactly the look I was hoping for.

Hood

Hood

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 07:14:56 PM »
I have found the cause of the above LED problem and it is indeed editing the VB script within Mach. I thought it was only if screen4 was open but it seems to be any time I edit the code,  after a restart of MACH all the LEDs are screwed up.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2006, 09:00:06 PM »
I have updated the zip to include the working script and LEDs, same link as above, to check you have the latest, the date and time of the "1024MPGcarbon.set" when unzipped  should be 21 May 2006 01:49

Hood