Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:28:53 PM

Author Topic: New Baldor Drive:Slight Issue  (Read 3123 times)

New Baldor Drive:Slight Issue
« on: August 08, 2008, 09:24:48 AM »
Hey folks, jus got a new Baldor Servo Drive(H2 Inverter). Had break down with previous one(got old). All is well except I'm hearing an occassional down shift in the spindle speed. While cutting through some material , you can hear that down shift come n go in 2 second durations. (Trying to figure if its the actual spindle motor or the axis experiencing some sort of periodic stall). Not that worried but am wondering if its trouble around the corner.

One thing I have now , I didnt have  previous to the new install, is Mach 3 spindle speed adjustment control. Use to have only ON/Off function. Its a nice addition having  real time speed overrides @ my finger tips.
Dont think thats a contributor, just wanted to mention.

Anyway, all my knowledgable compadre's out there! If you have any suggestion's they are more than appreciated.

Thanx-A-Mill.....

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: New Baldor Drive:Slight Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 09:53:57 AM »
Is it just when loaded? could maybe be a parameter needing set in the drive to account for torque and current? Not familiar with the Baldor stuff I am afraid
Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 09:47:46 PM »
Also, are you certain it isn't harmonics coming from the spindle? I have heard this many many times on large industrial machines. It makes no sense to me how a spindle running at 10,000 rpm can emit a sound with peaks and lows in a 2-5 sec. cycles, but it is very familiar.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 02:24:29 PM »
Thanx for the suggestions my friends. I will look into those possibilities and get back to you.

again..thanx.....