Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:55:34 AM

Author Topic: Routing Wood  (Read 78608 times)

Re: Routing Wood
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 11:40:10 PM »
Aw.. you ain't that bad. That is a cool site. They have the logo's for all of my favorite BEER ! But I cant open any after download. They are .ai files. Adobe Illustrator or something. How do I go about opening the ones I want ?
Later, I will learn how to create the .tap files.
Thanks Tweakie,
RC

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2008, 02:13:31 AM »
Hi RC,

Yes you are right the files are stored in Adobe Illustrator format. I am lucky and have a friend who's work computer uses Illustrator and she converts the files to bitmap for me (during her lunch break, of course, not during working hours - well I believe her anyway).

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 10:12:48 PM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 10:10:59 PM »
These were cut 4 mm deep in pine (smells beautiful whilst being cut). Incidentally it is a lot more difficult to compile a word with just one letter upside down than you might think.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2008, 05:25:37 AM »
Just found this in the garage, I thought it had been dumped. It is the test sample I used for cutting signs that are longer than the working area of the router table. This was compiled with the Script font within the Mach3 write wizard and was cut in two stages. It was stained to make the characters more visible.

Come on all you guys, the idea of this thread was for YOU to post pics of items YOU have routed, it is not just for my stuff.
PEACE

Offline John S

•  111 111
  • Nottingham England
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2008, 05:46:26 AM »
Don't really want to post my pic's as the router has been busy this week cutting circular gear blanks out of Tufnol [ phenolic] sheet 24 at a time
and when you have seen one washer you have seen it all  >:(

Got to do a plaque for my brothers dog this weekend but waiting for him to supply the material.

Only pic's to hand are these.

And this which was done in brass as a joke, it's the name of a village in Wales and this is a copy of the station sign.

.John S.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2008, 06:18:16 AM »
Hi John S,

Brilliant work.

What did you use to fill the signs ( black stuff) please ?
PEACE

Offline John S

•  111 111
  • Nottingham England
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2008, 06:34:41 AM »
Just black paint in an aerosol, sprayed on and wiped off whilst tacky with solvent. The brass plate was cleaned up with fine wet and dry when the paint had dried, nothing fancy these were not jobs as such but demo pieces to put on the display stand that goes to shows with the various machines.

John S.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2008, 09:00:52 AM »
No everything turns out as expected - this little item was intended as a butter mold but a mistake in the programming made the recessed knights into raised knights. It is now just a curiosity.
PEACE

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2008, 09:55:12 AM »
Well, I don't really do any woodrouting but I guess I can add some pics of the parts I do make. These are some of the things I've made and engraved for people. I have to do small items as I only have a taig mill which is the perfect size for the items I do. Some keychains, guitars parts, things like that-
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2008, 09:57:35 AM »
Some more-
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)