Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:59:06 AM

Author Topic: Screen Toggle Macro  (Read 3811 times)

Screen Toggle Macro
« on: June 07, 2008, 11:51:00 AM »
Hello Gents,
I'd like to make me a macro to toggle through the screens by pressing a button on my shuttle.
I could not find yet a variable or DRO indicating the currently active screen. Is there any such indicator? What code does it have?

Further I would be glad to have more then two user macros started by the Shuttle. Is there a possibility to alter the plugin?

Thank you for helping me! I'll post the finished macro here.

Best regards
Holger
Re: Screen Toggle Macro
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 12:21:54 PM »
Changing screens is easy- OEMbutton1-99 call the screen number. Screen 1 is the startup screen, 50 is the TAB screen.

But I dont think there is a DRO to tell the current screen number. Your macro could create a DRO to hold the last number it called. That would get messed up if you used some on-screen button to change the screen, the next time you hit your button it would go to what it thought should be next, not the next from where you are.

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 01:50:48 PM »
Hi all,
in the wiki under code for "Macropump for Galesburg Mill" i found some code containing the function I looked for:
GetPage() responds the current screen number.  My macro now is like that:

Rem M90027
Rem Toggle Sceen

Dim sc as integer

sc = GetPage()

Select case sc
case = 1
DoOEMButton(2)

Case = 2
DoOEMButton(3)

Case = 3
DoOEMButton(12)

case = 12
DoOEMButton(1)

end select

It toggles between screens 1, 2, 3, and 12 (12 is a custom screen for tool alignment).

Thanks for help.

The second question is still open: Any possibility to change the Shuttle plugin for more macros ?

Best regards
Holger
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 11:56:46 AM »
Hello Scott,
thank you and sorry for late reply.

Do I understand right, that I would need this interlocking when I assign the macro to a hardware input pin on the LPT port? What does the "macro pump" do?

I think I was misunderstood: I only found the "GetPage()" function in some "macro pump code" in the Wiki pages.

I myself used the code in a macro what is then assigned to a Button of my Shuttle Pro device in the Shuttle add-in. It worked fine, although I did not test what happens when I press the button longer. Could be I had a quick finger when testing...

I will remember your kind hints when testing a modbus I/O box I intend to build.

Thank you so much!

Regards
Holger