Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:14:32 PM

Author Topic: G code program input into Mach3  (Read 5213 times)

G code program input into Mach3
« on: June 16, 2008, 03:57:20 AM »
 Hi, i have just finished building a 3 axis router running Mach3  and an now in the process of testing but could do with a little help. I am using Artcam as my cad/cam package. When i input a simple 2D program the whole program is displayed in Mach3 and executes to the end. When i input a bigger more complicated program involving 3D contours only part of the program is displayed and the machine starts to execute then grinds to a halt and Mach3 then hangs and i have to restart the program. does Mach3 have a limit to the number of lines in a program or does the problem lie elsewhere? Could it be there is something in the post output that Mach3 doesn't like? Any help greatly appreciated.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: G code program input into Mach3
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 09:53:57 AM »
Scratch, If your using the demo Mach, it will stop at 500 lines of code. Buying a license will make it unlimited to the number of lines you can run.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 03:09:06 AM »
Many thanks Brett, i have purchased the license but had forgotten to load it onto the laptop i am using for testing. As my wife would say ,another senior moment.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 08:52:46 AM »
Your welcome scratch.  :)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!