Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:47:13 PM

Author Topic: "Pulsing to fast" ??  (Read 3580 times)

"Pulsing to fast" ??
« on: May 17, 2008, 06:50:47 AM »
Im trying to run the drivertest on a freshly installed 3.041 on win xp. It also a fresh installation of XP, with only mach 3 installed. It keeps saying "Pulsing to fast". This is what it looks like. I also tried the special driver with the same result

How do i solve this problem or is it a problem at all?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: "Pulsing to fast" ??
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 06:58:07 AM »
It certainly is a problem, no way Mach will control your machine with a drive test like that. You should be seeing a fairly straight line going along the centre of the graph with maybe the occasional small spike.
 Does your computer have on board graphics? Or is it a Laptop?
 You could try doing the optimisation steps, you should find details on the downloads page.
Hood
Re: "Pulsing to fast" ??
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 07:16:44 AM »
Both. But that hasnt stopped me before:-) This one is faster than the laptop i use for my other cnc machine. It cant be the CPU's fault, its hardly stressed if i look into the performance chart.

Hurray. Though i had already disabled all unnecessary services i remembered something about "Stanrdard pc" setting as mentionen as mentioned in the optimization file. This helped.

To people running into this problem: Remember to set/install xp with the "standard pc" setting (see xp optimization guide in the download area)