Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:11:23 AM

Author Topic: Can Mch run more 'professional' machine  (Read 8370 times)

Offline ziga

•  24 24
    • View Profile
Re: Can Mch run more 'professional' machine
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 05:15:57 AM »
hood
thank you for the replay.

Cold it be possible if you could post more pictures of the bridge port. it is a similar machine to what i have
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 06:07:04 PM »
be still my heart, did I read rigid tapping!

Thanks again for all your help , I still havent powered up the tool changer yet, I keep going back over the ladder and macro to insuire I havent missed anything. I do some rapid prototyping and had a customer drop a huge amount of work in my lap last week so I will be buried for about a month.
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 06:55:34 PM »
Here are a few pics of my 3hp bport conversion from about 4 years ago , i am running reliant 690 brush type dc servos with 500 count encoders (new ebay 3 for $500) rated 1/2 hp . I ended up using 4 in total, one on both the quill and knee , ususaly unplug the knee when I need to plug in the rotary table. Still need to finish a few gaurds and anodize the motor mounts.

Here is a pic of the MHP lathe all finished up with the new ac servos from automation direct

For refrence on motor sizing , I have a 20hp vertical bed mill 20"x40"x20" travel  15"x48" table with 1kw yaskawa drives and motors on x+y and 1.4kw on z axis and its capable of 800+IPM

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 07:29:56 PM »
Ha ha what a coward, I have every faith in the ladder being OK :D When you get a spare min or two you could hook up switches to the PLC to simulate the switches in the changer. You can then do a simulation in the software and make sure the ladder is operating the timed outputs like its supposed to.

Nice machines, really like that lathe, would have one in a heartbeat but I havent found one at the right price and anyway I dont have any room LOL. My lathe is perfect for the type of work I do but would like one similar to yours just for the fun of it LOL.
Any pics of the Bedmill?

Hood