Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:27:02 AM

Author Topic: NFS circle wizard goes crazy  (Read 5368 times)

NFS circle wizard goes crazy
« on: February 23, 2008, 11:19:36 AM »
Hi
Having problem with circle wizard, created several cuts most recent a 1.5" inside circle with a .37 bit.  started to cut and bit took off in a huge arc at warp 9.
tried cutting another circle today and did the same thing.  shutdown and restarted Mach and tried again it cut the first circle on the inside which it did (watching the toolpath display it followed the white line then proceeded to cut on the purple line)
Re: NFS circle wizard goes crazy
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 09:35:30 AM »
I've had the same problem. I'm giving up on the circle wizard for now. The other wizards seem to work OK.
Scott

vmax549

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 03:52:20 PM »
Guys check the I J  settings try changing to the opposite  ABS/INC.   If they are wrong it will start out in a huge arc like you are describing.  Other programs can leave the IJ setting in the wrong startup configuration.

(;-) TP
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 09:34:25 PM »
Can you post a copy of the code the wizard generated? I did recently fix a problem where the comp radius move was incorrectly calculated. That fix is n the V2.77 posted here in another topic.

Id like to see what this one is doing.

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 12:31:31 PM »
Hello,
  I to have a problem with Circle Mill.When previewing a Circle mill it looks good,but when i post code i get a strange Comp offset and the machine sometimes will do  somthin like dougputt said except its not a huge radius.
Another is it generates a circle G code in a R instead of I and J,and what happens is the machine pauses at 180 deg before continuing.When i make a program using I and J there is no pause.
Troy
"I try to put forth the effort,before asking a dum question"
http://homecncstuff.elementfx.com

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 08:03:36 AM »
I reinstalled NFS version 2.77 update and the Cutter Comp problem is fixed;D
"I try to put forth the effort,before asking a dum question"
http://homecncstuff.elementfx.com