Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:48:28 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 modbus partnership?  (Read 13120 times)

Offline xiaonu

•  13 13
  • Ha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xiaonu.org
Mach3 modbus partnership?
« on: May 03, 2008, 11:05:15 PM »
How uses Mach3 the button or i/o with supports modbus plc to carry on the pair? Whether some mach3 and a modbus agreement comparison form?
For instance: Estop-->modbus0x0000
And I use one to support modbus PLC's  I:0.0 electronic contact to make Mach3 Estop the input, known PLC I:0.0 receives an electric shock the modbus address is 0x0000, how establishes?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 11:13:19 PM by xiaonu »
Don't like spittoon silence, want, study great nightstool can spatter get up owner's ripples

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 modbus partnership?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 08:51:34 AM »
you have to translate your Octal addresses to Decimal equivelents in the Modbus Configuration, your base decimal number is also your Loacal Varible in modbus in mach, as Modbus 0 on the inputs, it increments in sequence by one for each function after that.

scott
fun times

Offline xiaonu

•  13 13
  • Ha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 07:29:28 PM »
How uses Mach3 the button or i/o with supports modbus plc to carry on the pair? Whether some mach3 and a modbus agreement comparison form?
For instance: Estop-->modbus0x0000
And I use one to support modbus PLC's I:0.0 electronic contact to make Mach3 Estop the input, known PLC I:0.0 receives an electric shock the modbus address is 0x0000, how establishes?
Thanks!
The Mach3 each function like ¡°X limit¡± button, how establish in MOdbus Configuration? Whether to cite how many examples to me?
Has all Input signals, Out signals in the mach3 correspondence modbus address form?

how in mach3 input output does signals correspond modbus?
Sorry, my English is disappointing
Don't like spittoon silence, want, study great nightstool can spatter get up owner's ripples

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 08:37:26 AM »
Yes, it is true, I am having a hard time following you english, but I am sure that I could NOT do the same level of competance in your launguage, since I dont know any others...........hehehehe

What you want is called "Brians", it is a subprogram in mach, goto the "Operator" menu in mach, scroll down to Brains Editor.
In brains you translate what modbus address (local var), goes to what process (terminator) for inputs, or what Mach process goes to what Mobbus (local var) address for out puts.

I highly, highly, highly recommend you watch the vidios under the Support forum website under the "support" button above.
click on vidios.  watch the vidios on how Modbus works, and watch the vidios on how Brains works.

scott
fun times

Offline xiaonu

•  13 13
  • Ha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 05:01:42 AM »
this is question vedio.
Can you gives me "setup modbus Vedio",?with the English explanation document??grateful extremely!!!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 05:03:58 AM by xiaonu »

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 09:06:34 AM »
You will have to use Microsofts built in file compressor, or just post your questions on this site. I do not have the WinRar utility, nor will I buy it.

so repost your questions

scott
fun times

Offline xiaonu

•  13 13
  • Ha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 11:30:01 AM »
In software, mach3, "Function Cfg's "---" setup serial Modbus control "---" Modbus Configuration"
question 1. "Address ModBus (var)" What does it mean ?What should be filled out ?Var =? Variable?
question 2. "# Of Registers" should fill in what ?
question 3. In mach3 "operating" menu below ,"Brain Edit.."-----click "brain edit" create a new document brn.Click the "Commands" - "Add", pop-up "Add Input" dialog,Click "ModBus" button,list: ModBus IO Selected
                                            Enter ModBus Address to use ___ (Here I filled out the PLC's modbus input address? If I input the corresponding I0.0 modbus address format for the 1 x Register, which is 10, should fill in here 10 ?)
                                          Input Output   Bit only____Bit0-15 (question,"Bit only" what's mean?)
                                         source
                                           MacroModbus Emulation
                                           serial Non-Plugin Enabled
                                           Serial Plugin Enabled
                                           TCP ModBus                        cFG#_____0-127

Which should I choose ?

what's "local Var"?(is Local variable?)
This PDF is my plc modbus address define.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 11:49:45 AM by xiaonu »

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 09:15:12 AM »
Look at this weblink under the support forum "vidio tutorials"

click on these subjects and watch each vidio:

1). Introduction to Modbus
2). Serial Plugin Modbus
3). Analog inputs bia modbus
4). Introduction to Brians
5). Advanced Brians
6). Brians and MPGs

Those above will answer all you questions

Further the Function in Brains for "Bit of Word" bit0-15 currently does NOT work. So you will not be able to use it with the PLC you currently have. It appears to me that all your inputs are Bit Of Word in a single register, same for you out puts. So, you only have ONE option to use the PLC you have with Mach, IF you PLC has some Varible Memeory ranges, then you can write or Read one output or input to a register.  I.e. if you need a discrete output then Write that output from Brians to the terminator Modbus address "0" for instance. In your PLC bring that in to varible register (*********0.0), then the next output will map to register (*********1.0). This will be inefficient since you will have to use an entire word of varable user memory in your plc. But until "Bit of word" is fixed in the Brain application that is what you are stuck with. Brian (the current developer of Mach3), said he will get to it somewhere down the line.

IF you PLC does NOT do Bit Of word for user varible memory then you will have to buy a different brand of PLC that will. I would Highly recommend Automation Direct  DL 05, or DL 06 depending on how much I/O you need.

scott
fun times