Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:41:08 AM

Author Topic: Macro Code  (Read 9238 times)

Re: Macro Code
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 02:35:04 PM »
Thanks stirling, condescension aside, you did give me the answer I've been looking for the whole time. It was the 'probe' function. That seems to be the only input it will accept without causing a 'Reset', and that's the question I've been asking all along. I was able to use your example, with a few changes and it is working perfectly from a button.

If anyone else is interested here is the working code:

Code "G31 Z-100"
While isMoving()
Wend
DoOEMButton(1010)
Code "G0 Z0.248"
While isMoving()
Wend
SetDro(2,.750)

You'll have to change the .248 for your touchplate (.750 - touchplate thickness). I used the Mach3Screen program and changed the 'Load Material' button to 'Touch Top', then set it to a 'vbscript' button and copied this code into the vb screen.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 02:45:12 PM by kthomson »

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: Macro Code
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 04:24:31 AM »
not intended as condescention - more born of frustration - you don't hold the franchise ::).
If you'd just said what you wanted to actually achieve in the first place (like you were repeatedly asked to do) I think you'd have been pointed at the solution you appear to think you've discovered within the first reply. This has been done so many times it's kind of patronising of you to think you've discovered it. Try a search - hint - "touchoff" - NOT "disable reset" ;D
Nobody mentioned "probe" because you never once said what you were trying to do. FWIW I didn't mention it with my code fragment because I assumed you'd know that G31 and the probe input go hand in hand - obviously I was wrong.
BTW - the probe input isn't the only input that doesn't cause a reset - there are loads of others. In fact about the only input that does is - guess what - limit - because that's its purpose.
A friendly tip - whatever the other things are you want to do - see if you can actually tell us next time - it'll save us a lot of time and you from putting Mach on ebay.