Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:15:27 PM

Poll

How many People WILL attend the "Advanced" mach3 Class???

Yes I will Attend (for the C++ class)
2 (50%)
Yes I will Attend (for the Flash class)
0 (0%)
Yes I will Attend (for the Modbus class)
0 (0%)
Most or All the Advanced classes
0 (0%)
Will just attend the Standard (sat/sun) classes, not the Advanced.
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: 2cd Annual Mach3 Convention SE (MCSE)  (Read 15112 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
2cd Annual Mach3 Convention SE (MCSE)
« on: April 18, 2008, 02:52:52 PM »
Greetings one and all,

PLEASE indicate via the "Poll" above if you are Absolutly sure, you WILL attend the "Advanced Class" (which would be on the Friday before the standard "Sat/Sun" classes).
The reason is I need at least, minimum of 12 people to make scheduling the extra day, worth the Logistical/cost effort.
If not enough, people show interest, then I just wont do an advanced class.

Advanced Classes and teachers, (3 hours long each), will be:
  • Using/making C++ plugins:   Ed "Crazy Hair" Bryson (and me as helper/flunky), practicle stuff for real world machine use.
  • Flash/Action Script Screen Design: Jason "Zealous" Blake (me as flunky/helper again), He will be showing his Flash IDE Mach3 Screen enviroment.
  • Using PLC's, and/or other Modbus boards:  Scott Shafer (me), Will have real world examples of Using Modbus/Brains wth PLC's and Other Modbus products. Will touch on PLC programming.

Just dropping an early line to see if any of you plan on
attending next years "2cd Annual Mach3 Convention SE" (MCSE).
This next year, we are going to a MUCH larger building, and will have 2-3 instructors (possibly 4), and 2 projectors per room one for laptop and one for the hardware being discussed.

One Instructor will be teaching Mach3 Basics and will take you from
install, g-code, using Mach, to basic machine and panel build, then cut some parts.

The other instructor will be teaching Mach3 Advanced stuff: Screens
regular and Flash IDE (the drag and drop Flash screen Jason is doing, soon to be released), VB macros/pumps and Wizards (with hands on examples, with projects), Advanced Machine Configuration, Modbus IO serial and TCP, Brains to external devices.

OEM level classes (maybe depends on feedback on this one):
1). Advanced Flash Programming and custom Flash (Action Script),
2). ***C++ plug-ins*** (assumes you know C++ already)
3). Perhaps a class on PLC programming (assumes you know how to program in ladder logic or Stage), for interfacing to Mach. (also only if there is enough interest in this area).

I will have a 2 mills there, and I am hoping to get a Demo Lathe as well for the Lathe guys (volunteers anyone? Hopefully with an ATC tool turret).

Tony of Vectric has already said he would be glad to give a longer class on the use of his software (and perhaps even make some parts since some machines will be there).

Prizes, and other swag given away

Will be increasing the Vendor Space, and I am considering allowing a
"Swap Meet" please give feed back here.

Also, for you Machine OEMs and Retrofitters if you wish to bring products/services to demo let me know what your needs would be.

Let me know what you think, and if your plan to come.

This year’s event price (2009, probably in Feb again, final dates not yet firmed up) will be $200.00 per person, to cover the cost of the larger building and paying the other instructors as well as other odds and ends.

SHAMELESS PLUG: If you need Mach3 control systems OEM or Aftermarket, Mach3 training, Screens regular and Flash, Wizards, Machines, or Consulting give me a shout!!!

Scott "Poppa Bear" Shafer

S S SYSTEMS, LLC
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 08:37:17 AM by poppabear »
fun times
Re: 2cd Annual Mach3 Convention SE (MCSE)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 11:52:43 PM »
Hi Scott,

I'll be there to help as a volunteer and can even give a class or two.

Let me know when I can expext the airline ticket to turn up :-)

Seriously, I'd love to attend and help out, but it is a bit far to go, so the best I can probably do is wish you luck.

Cheers,

Peter.
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 03:22:28 PM »
Peter,

By all means!! If you wish to give a class on interfacing to your Products, by all means sing out. If you want, you can ship your equipment you wish to discuss via, Frieght earlier, and I can bring it in at the time of the show, and you can do what ever.......... Let me know your logistical needs, and Class needs (power, projectors, table space, etc.).

scott
fun times

Offline zarzul

•  232 232
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 03:03:35 PM »
Scott,

Have you got some dates in mind.  I am going to try to get to this one, but need to plan far in advance. 

Arnie

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 12:52:44 PM »
Ok, I have settled on a "Community Center" in "Lake City, TN".

Dates will be from  21-22 (Saterday/Sunday) 3rd Weekend in Feb09.

NOTE:  I am going to leave open the option for now, of having an "Extra" Day the Friday of the 20th.  What will decide that is there enough interest on "Advanced" topics. (i.e. OEM/Power User level stuff).

The Advanced stuff will be:

1). a "Crash Course" on C++ Plugins for Mach3, I will have a 30 year programming vetern there to go into DEEP geek-speak, plus I will show some of my own plug in work for "Practical applications" (read that as stuff you can use in the real world), (this class Will really just be going over the Plug in template, its functions, and we will make a Simple plug in with dialog, during the class, it will NOT be a C++ teaching class).

2). Advanced Flash Programming, Taught by Jason Zealous getting into deeper Action Script and possible component design. He should have his Screen IDE done by then, and will go over the use of it for Quick Development Custom Screen work.

3). "Intellegent I/O", interfacing Mach to PLC's and using Analog modules, HS counter modules, E-Com Modules, D-Com modules, Drop networks for multiple PLC's. (assumes you already know how to program Ladder logic, will be covering ADC products only). If Time permits, will dig into Modbus DATA/Control of multiple AC servo Drives.

4). Complex ATC M6 macros, it time permits + interest is there.

If enough interest is shown for to make another day do-able, then those that want to take the Advanced class will pay an Extra $50.00 above the existing 2 day price. (NOTE: If you only just want the Advanced class and will not be staying for the Saterday/Sunday, then just 50.00 bucks).

The magic number will be about 20+ to warrent the hassle of the extra day.

The Facility:

the Main room we will hold it in, will be an "Indoor Basketball court". There is NO bleacher space but, it does have about 10' of perimeter around the court.
there are Wall Plugs but all power there is 110V.

So, If you plan on bringing a "Demo" machine that requires 220v, or greater you will need to bring your own generator. There is NO 3 phaze that I can have access to, I DID ask the city, if I could tap into the 3 Phaze box, but that was a NO GO. (basically, a "There is NO WAY in H$LL" I would let someone tap into a city owned power grid..........from the mayor).

But, you can bring your own power, cause then he, nor the city, nor me is liable if you turn yourself into a crispy critter.

Some of you might want to bring, an Extra 110V Generator (if you do bring one, let me know, I will discount your entry fee). There are Several Wall Plugs, and I think they carry enough Amps to handle all the laptops and stuff.
Please feel free to bring an Extra Power Strip........ in case we have to spider more than we think.

I have access to about 80 chairs, and Enough "Banquet Tables" so most can sit comfortably. We have room if we need to run a class "Outside" the back door opens up onto a "foot Ball" field complete with covered spectator Awnings, so some of the classes can be outdoors, but Generators will need to power those stations.

The Facility has Coke machines and Junk machines, even a little Kitchen-et with a microwave.  I will NOT be doing an onsite food service this year, they guy that catered that last one, really didnt even break even.....so. You are own your own for Food.  There is a local Dominos and they do deliver, plus a subway, cracker barrel, Micky D's, Sonic, KFC/Toco-Hell, and a really good Mexican resterant "La Fiesta".

There are 2 No-Tel Hotels in the area, One rents by the hour......hehehehe
but seriously, one is a DIVE but it is cheap if you dont mind the overwelming smell of Curry. The other is next to the Mexican resterant, is a little more expensive, and the Illegal Immigrants and drive by shootings are at a minimum.....during the weekdays.........hehehe   Really, I am from the government and I am here to Help you..........

I will check with the Hotel by the Mexican resterant to see if they will give a convention price, but I would need to know IN ADVANCE if you plan to attend, and you would probably have to prepay for the room as well. If you dont stay there you lose your money. Both of these hotels are small time private owned "No Checks" kinda places.

RVs:  There are some rental slots by Norris Lake, and those are state parks about 15 minutes from the center.

STATE PARKS:  The Norris, and Norris Damm area are also a cool place to drop off extra passengers in your vehicle, they can do the nature trails, parks, take the Norris Damm tour etc.

Cove Lake: is one exit north and has a playgournd and nice lake view, all though in Feb, it is gonna be cold outside.

Well Known Hotels:  There are your standard "Known" Hotels about One exit, both up and down from the Lake City Exits off of I-75.

Cultural things to do in Lake City: ****sounds of crickets chirping*****
You can get Beered up and laugh at how long it takes Bugs to fry in the Bug-Zapper, or Sometimes the Sonic has classic Car night, with a few Classic Hot-Rods tooling around.

There is Plenty of parking at the Community Center.

Wife Occupiers:  There is a "Wife Magnet store", opps I mean "Wally-world" one exit down toward Knoxville.

Wife and/or Wife + Kids, they would have to drive into Knoxville to do anything else like Movies more mainstream resterants, The Evil Chucky-Cheeze, etc.  There is a relativly new "Turkey Creek" development area that you dont EVER want you wife to find out about, it has every shopping thing imaginable in a nice "expensive" part of town. Wife goes one way, Checking aound balance goes toward 0 or lower........ (You've been warned).

I did look at more "Proffessional" convention Halls (were in Knoxville, downtown), and the Price was beyond my abilty to count on my fingers and toes........ So unless there was at least 500 or more people, that avenue is a no-go.

The proposed setup so far:

we may be getting "creative" in how we do our classes, I suspect we may divide up the Gym into 2-3 sections, and try out best to now shout over each other. Or if it is NOT to darn cold, we will move some classes out to under the awnings for outdoor classes, again depending on the weather/temp.
Like the saying goes, "If you don't like the weather in E. TN, wait 5 minutes".

I am trying to keep a balance between Space and Participant cost. If I go fancier, then it runs the cost up per participant. So, you may have to deal with some less than perfect "class rooms".

Current Instructors:

Basic Mach3: Derek "Hill Billy" Ashburn
Intermediate Mach3: Scott "Poppa Bear" Shafer
Advanced Mach3 (C++, Action Script, PLC's): (if enough interest here).
   C++: Ed "Crazy Hair" Bryson
   Action script/Flash: Jason "Zelous" Blake (Grand master flash).
   PLC's, Modbus, Brains: Me again
   I may chime in here and there above with example stuff.

Vendors so far that I KNOW will be there:

Tony of Vectric
Amy of TEA machine components
Dave of "Dave Controls" may be bringing some demo machine stuff

I will ask if they will come:

Brian/Art of Mach3 if he can come speak this year.
Greg of Smooth Stepper
Bruce of CNC Brain
Mariss of Gecko
Aurturo Duncan of CNC4PC
Bob Cambell of Cambel products
Steve of PDMX
Digital Machine Magazine reporter

Vendors/Sponsors: If you want in, you will need to contact me, tell me of your space needs, and what you want to show, and (give away as swag if you want). We will do "Prize Drawings" again during the event.

Swap Meet:  If you guys want a Swap Meet, let me know!! and I will arrange some Outdoor space, you will need to bring your OWN tables.

HELP WANTED!!!:

I will be begging Chris Scott again to run the overall "Big Picture"/MC since without compare he made it all flow as good as it could last event.

I NEED:  People who would be willing to bring, Projectors/screens, and Cameras that could hook and feed directly those same projectors to show the Hardware of other thing being discusses so that those at the back of the class can also see what is going on. If you have PA equipment your willing to bring, I will trade depending on what all you bring to Lower or remove you fee to attend. (obviously the more value you contribute the closer to zero your fee will be).

I would like: 1-2 extra 110v gas operated Generators with extension cords and power strips to handle overflow laptops, displays, etc. One Fee waved per Generator brought, it will need to at least feed 30 amps total/general.

Helpers "General": People who could help with the flow, last minute changes, setting up the above equipment, general Flunkies, I will reduce your fee depending on what you can do, only spots for about 2-3 people here.

Presenters:

If you would like to give a class on a Product, or Subject matter that would be applicable to use with Mach3 let me know, and I will slot you in.

You can Email me at:  PoppaBear(at)hughes.net  for questions (replace "(at)" with "@"  ).

Scott
fun times

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
Second Annual Mach3 Convention SE (MCSE)
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 11:53:32 PM »
===========================================================
Second Annual Mach3 Convention - SE   (MCSE)
==========================================================

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=lake%20city+tennessee&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title

Dates:   February 21-22, 2009 (Saturday/Sunday)

Optional Date: February 20, 2009 (Friday) Dependant upon amount of interest in Advanced topics (i.e. OEM/Power User level stuff).

Like last year, we will have "Door Prize” drawings again during the event.

The Advanced Topics will be:

1). A "Crash Course" on C++ Plugins for Mach3
We will have a 30 year programming veteran there to go into DEEP geek-speak, plus I will show some of my own plug in work for "Practical applications" (read that as stuff you can use in the real world), (this class Will really just be going over the Plug in template, its functions, and we will make a Simple plug in with dialog, during the class, it will NOT be a C++ teaching class).

2). Advanced Flash Programming by Jason Zealous
He will be getting into deeper Action Script and possible component design. He should have his Screen IDE done by then, and will go over the use of it for Quick Development Custom Screen work.

3). "Intelligent I/O"
Interfacing Mach to PLC's and using Analog modules, HS counter modules, E-Com Modules, D-Com modules, Drop networks for multiple PLC's. (We’ll assume you already know how to program Ladder logic and we will be covering ADC products only). If time permits, we will dig into Modbus DATA/Control of multiple AC servo Drives.

4). Complex ATC M6 macros

NOTE: Only if time permits and the interest is there. The magic number will be about 20+ participants to warrant the hassle of the extra day.

If enough interest is shown to make another day financially feasible, then those that want to take the Advanced class will pay an extra $50.00 above the existing two day price.

NOTE: If you only just want the Advanced class and will not be staying for the Saturday/Sunday, then just $50.00.

Current Instructors:

Basic Mach3: Derek "Hill Billy" Ashburn
Intermediate Mach3: Scott "Poppa Bear" Shafer
Advanced Mach3: (if enough interest here).
   C++: Ed "Crazy Hair" Bryson
   Action script/Flash: Jason "Zealous" Blake (Grand master flash).
   PLC's, Modbus, Brains: Scott "Poppa Bear" Shafer

Vendors Committed to Participate:

Vectric
- Tony McKenzie
http://vectric.com/

TEA Machine Components - Amy
http://www.teausa.net/

Dave Controls - Dave may be bringing some demo machine items

Requested Vendors not yet committed:

Mach3 - Brian/Art to speak this year.
Warp9 Tech Design - Smooth Stepper - Greg
Safeguard Robotics - CNC Brain - Bruce
Gecko - Mariss Freimanis
CNC4PC - Arturo Duncan
Campbell Products - Bob Campbell
PDMX - Steve
Digital Machine Magazine Reporter

Vendors/Sponsors:
 If you want to participate you will need to contact me. Please include information regarding your space needs, what you want to show, and give away as a door prize (if you want).

Other Items for Consideration:
Swap Meet:   If you guys want a Swap Meet, let me know and I will arrange some Outdoor space; you will need to bring your OWN tables.

The Facility:

The Main room will be an "Indoor Basketball court". There is NO bleacher space but, it does have about 10' of perimeter around the court.
There are only 110V outlets available, so if you plan on bringing a "Demo" machine that requires 220V or greater, you will need to bring your own generator. There aren't any 3 phase connections that I can have access to but you can bring your own power.

Legalese: Neither the city, nor myself are liable if you turn yourself into a crispy critter!

Some of you might want to bring an extra 110V Generator. If you do bring one, let me know and I will discount your entry fee. There are several wall plugs available and I think they carry enough amps to handle all the laptops and stuff. Also, please feel free to bring an extra powerstrip in case we have to share more resources than we think.

I have access to about 80 chairs and enough "Banquet Tables" to where most can sit comfortably. We have room if we need to run a class "Outside". The back door opens up to a football field complete with covered spectator awnings. Therefore, some of the classes could be outdoors, but personal generators will be needed to power those stations.

The Facility has soft drink and snack machines. It even has a little Kitchenette with a microwave.  We will NOT be doing an on-site food service this year. The individual that catered last year’s event really didn’t break even. That being said, please be advised that you are on your own for food. 

There is plenty of parking at the Community Center.

Restaurants:
Dominos Pizza (that delivers)
Subway
Cracker Barrel
McDonalds
Sonic
KFC
Taco Bell
La Fiesta (Great Mexican Restaurant)

Accommodations:
I will check with the hotel by the Mexican restaurant to see if they will give a reduced convention price, but I would need to know IN ADVANCE if you plan to attend and stay with them. You would probably have to prepay for the room as well. If you don’t stay there you lose your money. Both of these hotels are small time private owned "No Checks" establishments.

RVs:  There are some rental slots by Norris Lake within the State Park which is about 15 minutes from the center.

State Parks:  The Norris and Norris Dam area are also a cool place to drop off extra passengers in your vehicle. They can enjoy the nature trails, parks, take the Norris Dam tour, etc.

Cove Lake is one exit north and has a playground and nice lake view, although in Feb, it is probably going to be cold outside.

Well Known Hotels:  There are your standard "Known" Hotels about one exit, both up and down from the Lake City Exits off of I-75.

Also check out this site:   http://www.norrislakeinfo.com

Cultural things to do in and around Lake City:
Wife Occupiers:   There is a "Wife Magnet store", oops I mean "Wally-world" one exit down toward Knoxville.

Wife and/or Family:

The Museum of the Appalachia
www.museumofappalachia.org

They would have to drive into Knoxville to do anything else like movies or more mainstream restaurants, The Evil Chucky-Cheesses, etc.  There is a relatively new "Turkey Creek" development area that you don’t EVER want your wife to find out about. It has every shopping storefront imaginable in a nice "expensive" part of town. Wife goes one way, Checking balance goes toward 0 or lower........ (You've been warned).

The proposed setup so far:
I did look at more "Professional" convention Halls in Downtown Knoxville, but the price was beyond my ability to count on my fingers and toes, so unless there were at least 500 or more people, that venue is a no-go.

We may be getting "creative" in how we do our classes. I suspect we may divide up the gym into two or three sections and try our best to not shout over each other. Depending on weather conditions (if it is NOT to darn cold), we may move some classes outside under the awnings for outdoor classes. Like the saying goes, "If you don't like the weather in East Tennessee, wait 5 minutes".

I am trying to keep a balance between space and participant cost. If I go fancier, then it runs the cost up per participant, so you may have to deal with some less than perfect "class rooms".

HELP WANTED!!!:

I will be begging Chris Scott again to run the overall "Big Picture"/MC since without compare, he made it all flow as good as it could last event.

I NEED:  
People who would be willing to bring Projectors/screens and cameras that could hook and feed directly those same projectors to show the hardware of other thing being discussed so that those at the back of the class can also see what is going on. If you have PA equipment you're willing to bring, I will trade depending on what all you bring to lower or remove your fee to attend. (Obviously the more value you contribute the closer to zero your fee will be).

I would like:
One or two extra 110v gas operated generators with extension cords and power strips to handle overflow laptops, displays, etc. One fee waved per generator brought and it will need to at least feed 30 amps total/general.

Helpers "General":
People who could help with the flow, last minute changes, setting up the above equipment, general Flunkies, I will reduce your fee depending on what you can do, only spots for about 2-3 people here.

Presenters:

If you would like to give a class on a product or subject matter that would be applicable to use with Mach3, let me know and I will slot you in.

You can Email me at:  PoppaBear(at)hughes.net  for questions (replace "(at)" with "@"  ).

Scott

(rewritten by Vogavt for better readability, IMHO)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 12:18:33 AM by Vogavt »

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 07:52:44 PM »
Event Time change:

After talking with a few key people associated with the event, I am going to move my event back to April  24, 25, 26 (Fri, Sat, Sun). 
The decision was made since the Mach 3 Workshop that is gonna be put on by Brian and Ron, will be at the Cabin Fever in PA, this January. That would put our two shows to close together. It would put us in almost direct competition, and given that the distances between our two shows is not that great. I am going to bow out, and I have the abilitly to change my schedule where the Cabin Fever is a Set date and cannot move.

Further:  After Talking and going to visit an Alternate Event Site, I am going to move to an "Old School" in Maryville, TN that has been renovated by the local Chamber of Commerce to be an "Event Hall".

the Facilities there are far superior to where I was gonna go in Lake City.
The place has a Large "High School" Sized Gym, complete with "Concert Stage" at one end. (Plenty of vendor space, and swap meet space!!).

It has 5 Class Rooms, all of them Large, some larger than others but each capable of holding around 115 each. 

It also has a Down Stairs Cafeteria in where the local Community center people have offered and will cater Lunch (you buy your own, unless a vendor steps up and offers to buy lunch for everyone, Catering will be like last year, something along the lines of Buddies Bar-B-Q, Mexican, and something else the Friday before, jury still out on that one, suggestions welcome).

Out side has a HUGE Parking lot, and Grass Lot as well, so if you have an RV or camper you are more than welcome to pull up and live their for a few days, arrangements can be made for Rest Room facilities, sorry no showers inside that are available to us).

There is a large Covered Awning out side as well, with Power or 110v and 220v, approx size is 30' x 30'.  With Outdoor Brick Grill for those who want to cook out.

Thanks to "Bob" on the board here, who introduced me to this fine place!! It is orders of magnitude better and larger than the one in Lake city!!

I will be getting a "Registration Site" up soon, so you can sign up early.

I havent really got any feed back on if there is a desire for more advanced topics like: Plug-ins, Flash Scripting/sceen design, PLCs/Modbus/Brains/other modbus boards.

Pleas Post some feed back if you would be interested in the Advanced classes!!! I plan on Friday being the Advanced class day, and if not enough interest there, I am gonna cancel that day......

I will get the Event Address posted up, OR, "Bob" can post it up as well.

We will have multiple teachers this year, each dedicated to a different level, Basic, intermediate and advanced.

Rooms will have projectors, and hopefull extra cameras so that the hard ware being discussed or Demoed on can be viewed as well, (still working on that one).

I am as usual always willing to trade, I will offer massive discounts if you can bring stuff to help out, i.e. Extra Projectors hooked to Vid Cams for example, PA equipment, 110v and 220V generators.

As usual sponsors are welcome, just tell me what you want to do, i.e. Buy lunch, offer prizes, a Dancing Camel show.........what ever.....

Scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 09:51:51 PM »
Peter Homann or "Homan nDesignes" will be adding a Mod I/O board plus the LCD to the Prize drawings during the show!!!!

His Website, lots of cool stuff for interfacing with Mach3.

http://www.homanndesigns.com/store/

scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 02:35:01 PM »
Here is the "Tenative" Schedule for the event.

The nicely organized "Table formatted" schedule will be up shortly at:
www.machcnc.com

Note: There will be a 10 minute brake per hour for every 50 minutes of class time.
One Hour Lunch starting at 11am-noon.

Two Parallel Course/class options: Basic and Intermediate Mach3

Basic Mach3 course schedule
Saturday April 25
8a-8:15a Welcome/Introduction in the Gym
8:15a-11:50a “Basic machine/Mach3 setup”
Machine to build or retrofit
Accuracy, repeatability, Drive calculation
Steppers, DC servos, and AC servos
Machine Establishing your working envelope/soft-limits, setting your home direction(s)/limits, Sizing your Servos, Ball screws vs. acme screws, liner rails vs. ways, calculating your drive gearing/encoder limits and target Max move speed. Spindle speed/power, coolant, what all do you want to control?
Setting up Mach, your computer and your cabinet for machine control:
Installing Mach on your computer and setting it up for CNC, setting up your ports and pins, homing, hard limits, basic I/O control. Using Mach’s function pages, (and Mach-Doc’s). Setting the options in Mach’s Dropdown menu’s
How to obtain the accuracy
Tuning your spindle,
Setting Acceleration and velocity

By Derrick Ashburn

12-1p LUNCH
1p-5p Panel Design, Layout & Construction
Power budget, Power supplies, Grounding and noise control, breakouts, selecting Drives/encoders, circuit protection, safety (E-stops and cabinet/machine safeties, option cards: (RPM tach feedback, Spindle control), other basic I/O functions.
Signal, Power routing concerns
Layout and Connections
Pendants
How much do you want to spend?

By Derrick Ashburn

5p-? Q&A

Basic Mach3 course schedule
Sunday April 26
8a-11:50a Using Mach3
G/M Code and running a part with Mach3

12-1p LUNCH
1p-1:30p TBA
2p-2:50p TBA
3p-3:50p TBA
4p-4:50 TBA
5p-? Q&A

INTERMEDITE Classes/schedule:

Intermediate Mach3 course schedule
Saturday April 25
8a-8:15a Welcome/Introduction in the Gym
8:15a-9:50a “Screen designer 3 and 4”
How to use the Screen IDE
How to find the OEM codes
How to use bitmaps

By Ron Ginger and Scott Shafer

10:00-11:50a “Wizards”
How to use Wizards, and develop them
Teach files
Using the Scripting manual
Using the VB scripting window
VB documentation resources
Will do a “Wizard Project”.

By Ron Ginger and Scott Shafer

12-1p LUNCH
1p-4p
Converting Designs to G-Code with Vectric demonstrating how to use Vectric CAD/CAM products, and cut some items on a router/mill for the class.

By Tony of Vectric
4p-4:50p Using the Flash IDE
From Jason Blake for Drag and Drop quick construction of Flash screens.

By Jason Blake and/or Scott Shafer
5p-? Q&A

Intermediate Mach3 course schedule
Sunday April 26
8a-8:50a M6 for ATC, Rack type, and Rotary arm type.

By Scott Shafer
9a-9:50a Advanced Control system demo.

By Scott Shafer
10a-10:50a TBA
11a-11:50a TBA
12-1p LUNCH
1p-1:30p TBA
2p-2:50p TBA
3p-3:50p TBA
4p-4:50 TBA
5p-? Q&A

TBA: (To Be Announced), this will be filled by other instructors and/or Vendors that explain how their product interfaces and is used with Mach3.

Scott Shafer

The Advanced stuff will be (Friday April 24):
Note: to attend the Advanced Classes will be an extra $50.00 on top of
The weekend attendance fee, or just 50.00 if that is all your attending.

Advanced Mach3 course schedule
Friday April 24
8a-10:50a "Intelligent I/O", Modbus, Brains, external devices interfacing Mach to PLC's and using Analog modules, HS counter modules, E-Com Modules, D-Com modules, Drop networks for multiple PLC's. (assumes you already know how to program Ladder logic, will be covering ADC products only). If Time permits, will dig into Modbus DATA/Control of multiple AC servo Drives.

11-12p LUNCH
12p-2:55p “Flash with AS2 Programming”, Advanced Flash Programming, taught by Jason Blake getting into deep Action Script and possible component design. He should have his Screen IDE done by then, and will go over the use of it for Quick Development Custom Screen work.
3p-5:50p "Plugin Crash Course", I will have a 30 year programming veteran there to go into DEEP geek-speak, (this class Will really just be going over the Plug in template, its functions, and we will make a Simple plug in with dialog, during the class, it will NOT be a C++ teaching class). If Time permits: I may show some of my own plug in work for "Practical applications" (read that as stuff you can use in the real world)
6p-? Q&A
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 10:57:49 AM »
Event Schedule is UP!!!!!!!!!

You can Register now as well. Note: the "Detailed" class description is a document you can open/save that goes into the, well, details.....

Current Sponsors:

CNC4PC
Homann Designs
Artsoft
Automation Direct
Vectric
Zarzul (CNC camera's and Tool setter/digitizing probes)

Class space is available for those who would like to teach something or demo a product and its use with Mach3.

High school Basketball Gym sized space for vendor tables, exibits, or swap meet.

scott
fun times