Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:48:30 PM

Author Topic: V2.78  (Read 10531 times)

V2.78
« on: April 15, 2008, 10:36:54 AM »
I have made a couple corrections so here is a new version. the fixes are:

1)Cut rectangle was not doing the rotate angle correctly.

2) On the main screen the buttons to list or delete an operation were fixed to the C:\Mach3 path. This now reads the base path so should work installs that use a different folder. I don't have a good way to test this one, so Id like feedback on how it works.

3) The preview screen now has a gcode window as well as the toolpath. I had added this to an earlier version, but somehow it got deleted later.

Let me know if there are any problems with this version. Brian will be adding it tothe install kit later.

ron ginger
Re: V2.78
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 05:30:16 PM »
Hi Ron

I finally got around to installing NFW 2.78. I am running Tormach's customized version of Mach3 so it is installed in it's own subdirectory etc. (Their customized version can be downloaded from the following location (http://www.tormach.com/document_library/PCNC3Rel1.8b.exe) I have used a default install.

1) When I try to load tool information using 'Select tool from table button' I get the following error. "Error on line 17- Sub or function not defined.  GetToolDesc

2) When I try the 'Operation list button' from the main screen I get the following error. "Error on line 19 - The system cannot find the path specified.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 05:51:54 PM »
Thanks for the note.

I understand tormach supports a version that is somewhat behind the latest Mach. Art added that GetToolDesc so I could list the tool description, but I guess that change did not get to the tormach version. I dont know when/how tormach makes new versions, so I cannot guess when this function will get into their version.

I will remove that call, which makes the tool table a little hard to read since it shows only numbers, but thats the best I can do. I will add a version here later that I will call V2.79T that has that fix.

I thought I had found all the path issues, I will fix that in both the regular version and the T version.

It may take a day or two but I will get those fixes posted.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 11:42:41 PM »
Thanks Ron

I will keep a lookout for it. Maybe I will check with Tormach to see when they are planing to release the newer version.

Regards, Rick

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 08:22:24 AM »
I like the G Code window in the Preview,but can it be altered so the the G code is made smaller making the Graphics for the preview bigger?
"I try to put forth the effort,before asking a dum question"
http://homecncstuff.elementfx.com

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 08:29:49 AM »
I know i asked this a while back,Can there be an option in the wizards added,(on the Tool Properties page) like the coolant on or off,but to send machine home or not at the end of program? And  is there a way that I can remove the VB that puts in the line "G00G43 H1 Z0"?
Thanks
Troy
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 08:33:11 AM by TDAY »
"I try to put forth the effort,before asking a dum question"
http://homecncstuff.elementfx.com
Re: V2.79T?
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 08:58:11 PM »

Hi All,

About a month ago there was talk of an updated NFS release for Tormach users:

"I will add a version here later that I will call V2.79T that has that fix."

Has this been released yet?

Best regards;

Art Pentz
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 08:23:56 PM »
Sorry, its been a bit crazy for me, I have not made the new version yet. With luck I will get some time next week while Im at the CNC workshop.
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 06:55:10 PM »

Blog entries (0)

Re: V2.79T?
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 08:58:11 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

About two months(!) ago there was talk of an updated NFS release for Tormach users:

"I will add a version here later that I will call V2.79T that has that fix."

Has this been released yet?

Best regards;

Art Pentz

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 07:44:30 PM »
Ok, very sorry for the long delay, but here it is.

I called it 2.78T because it is the same as 2.78 except for 2 changes.

1) The main screen has been fixed to test for the path using an old VB command, instead of the newer Mach specific call. It works the same, just more trouble to code. I think I have found all the places that refer to path, but if Ive missed any let me know where and Ill fix them.

2) on the tool select screen the button that displays the tool table cannot show the tool description, it will show as 'unknown'. This is because the Tormach version does not have the new VB call GetToolDesc.

I spoke to John and he expects a new Tormach version will be ready 'later in the summer' He is aware of the need for these VB fixes and they should get added then.

sorry it took so long,

ron ginger