Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:34:40 AM

Author Topic: Video plugin crashing windows?  (Read 17839 times)

Re: Video plugin crashing windows?
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 07:32:04 AM »
I had that problem with my Sony Laptop when QuickTime was installed as soon as I dumped it everything worked. I was getting it on the timing pulse test. Kind of scary. 

Good Luck
 Barry
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 12:29:29 PM »
Hello Mark,

> The Kworld usb device is a video converter (and a cheap one) that takes PAL/NTSC input
> video and converts it to ...MPEG? (can't remember) and ports it to the usb connection.

Something to keep in mind is to avoid loss of data since the distribution of the points is what we are processing.

For example, JPEG changes some of the data to make the file more compact while, hopefully, keeping it visually similar. I would avoid JPEG compression. GIF files compress and decompress with all original data intact. I do not know if MPEG is lossy or lossless.

Tom Hubin
thubin@earthlink.net
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 05:38:17 PM »
Hi Mark,
To get the digitizer to work without crashing Windows I had to install the driver and the application that came with the digitizer. Now the digitizer shows up as "USB 2.0 A/V converter" in the Camera Control Source list.
 I have two of those digitizer: One is VStream VS-2800D and an other one by StarTech SVID2USB2. They seem interchangeable.
You can download the driver and application from  http://www.startech.com/item-download/SVID2USB2-USB-20-Video-Capture-Cable.aspx

Next step is to learn how to install and use this system to create models ::)
Thanks to all for your contribution.
Gaston

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 03:39:09 AM »
Hello,

Last night I tried a Play Station 2 "Eye Toy" USB camera for the Mach3 3d Video Probe plugin on a Dell Inspiron 8000, 850 MHz laptop, Windows 2000.

Mach3 seemed to be ok. Jogged at the normal speed. That is all the testing that I have done so far.

There are at least three manufacturers for the "Eye Toy" and each has its own downloadable driver. I will give details on the exact camera model I used, later, since I do not have the camera with me right now.

Tom Hubin
thubin@earthlink.net
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 04:51:10 AM »
Gaston your a genius!

Thanks for finding this driver as the Kworld one was *********e!. The only thing I found was that if I start the video window then exit and try and open the probe window without restarting Mach I get a Video OCX error I also get a ART error 9991 error.  I can live with this for now but it seems that Mach does not exit the video handling well. Have not tested for any impacts on step performance.

Oh and BTW now I need an new front difff :(  arggggggh!!! this is killing me not to mention taking time and money away from more interesting persuits like fininging my CNC and getting this scanning happening.

Thanks again
Mark