Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:39:49 AM

Author Topic: Using Cut2D and Mach3 programs?  (Read 6347 times)

Using Cut2D and Mach3 programs?
« on: April 18, 2008, 03:47:53 PM »
After using Cut2D program to create code, how do I "customize" the code for my machine such as setting feed rate at 15, limiting the distance of Z-axis, and setting the 0,0,0 coordinates to the corner or center of the wood to be routed? If I have to stop my machine for any reason, how do I resume the routing? I still can't set up limit switches. The E-Stop and home switches work. I'm using Probotix PBX-RF board.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Using Cut2D and Mach3 programs?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 09:01:59 PM »
Hi, Jeff

Have you tried LazyCam with your DXF file ?, It's under File's tab in Mach3.

Haven't used Cut2D, I would think there are settings for feed-rates and such, It's made by the Vcarve folk's.

If you have your home SW's working thy can be limits also, How do you have them wired ?

Use the REPLY button and attach your DXF, G-code and XML files.

Your XML file should be in C:\Mach3 folder, If your using Mach3Mill.XML make a copy of it and re-name it to something like jeffmorris.xml

Just a Start, Chip
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 05:25:19 AM »
Should the limit/home switches be normally open or closed? I keep on getting messages related to limit switches because I wired them to be normally closed. The E-Stop switch is normally closed. If I wire the limit switches as home switches, they work. The Mach3Mill.xml file is on the other computer controlling the CNC machine in the woodworking shop at the program for mentally handicapped people.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 12:42:30 PM »
Hi, Jeff

Your home/limit sw's should be normally closed, if there working ok for homing/same sw's then you have not set limit's up properly in Config,
Ports & Pins, Inputs page.

Thy should be set the same as your Home x,y,z, sw's for each axis, Your pin numbers are probably different than in the pic, Below.

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 12:44:34 PM by Chip »
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 07:57:29 PM »
When I press any of the limit switches, the LEDs on the Port 1 Current State and the Input Signals Current State flash/change colors. The screenshot is from my computer that's not connected to the CNC machine. Is there a relationship between Port 1 and Input Signals current states?

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 08:16:14 PM »
Hi, Jeff

As i stated above, It sounds like the Config, Ports & Pins, Inputs arn't setup properly.

All the inputs and outputs are on Port 1, It's your printer port cable attached to your stepper control board.

Check the Inputs, Chip

Edit: I think this is how your inputs in Mach should be
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 09:30:41 PM by Chip »