Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:43:46 AM

Author Topic: ArcOK signal purpose please!!  (Read 4027 times)

ArcOK signal purpose please!!
« on: July 18, 2016, 04:00:52 PM »
Hello there,

Can someone tell what is the purpose of arcok signal?

I have a THC proma

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Re: ArcOK signal purpose please!!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 04:09:39 PM »
It tells Mach3 that it is ok to start pierce dwell timing and after that Z axis movement from pierce height to cut height followed by X & Y axis movements.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 04:23:37 PM »
First of all thanks about your reply and hlep.
I have a cnc plasma with proma thc 150 compact, I dont have wire connected from arcok signal on the thc to the c11 breakout board, but in the inputs table I have put arcok signal to port 1 and pin number 12 (free input) and I have put it to active hight (to be on all the time).
My thc work very well, up and dn very good, pierce time and pierce height ok, BUT if suddenly the material touch the torch immediately on the thc screen it show (---) and then the torch do not up or dn JUST if the material somehow leave the torch then resume to up and dn...
What you think man? Please to help me
I have Hypertherm 125A
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 04:53:11 AM »
With the proma 150 thc, the arcOK signal provides a slightly different function.... within the software setup of the proma, you set the voltage that the arc Ok signal changes state... the intended function is the same, but not quite"arc transfer", ie transfer from HF arc to cutting arc, so if you set the voltage within the proma too low, or close to the cutting arc, motion may not begin until the voltage drops below this set "thc Ok" voltage.

The problem that I expect is being experianced is because your setup is wrong and the torch is crashing into the plate, the proma stopped sending the THCUp signal, until the THCOK signal is restored, and because the cutting voltage has gone so low, it has to wait for it to rise before initiating the THCUp signal after the THCOK signal is restored.

Solution.... wire up the thc the way it is intended to operate, with the THCOK back to the c11, along with the THCUp and THCDn signals.   Make sure the settings inside the proma 150 are correct for your setup.  And then tune your machine so that the thc responds correctly and quickly enough that the torch is not crashing into the material.

If you can afford a hyperthem 125, I cannot see why you are using such a low cost torch height controller, if I were you, I would look for something better (by which I mean faster, as the proma uses relays inside of it), and with closer control (the proma has a minimum headband of 2 volts)).

There are a few about, like the neuron thc (not the mini).

Thc will improve your cut, but only if it is fast and accurate and your z axis can move fast enough.

No I don't work in the industry or for neuron....  there are others about too, like candcnc, month (po-mo/ Denis), and Texasmicrocircuits, and more too... just look for those that run high resolution and high speed sampling.... some plug straight into the hyperthem using the correct CPC plug / connector.

Good luck
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”