Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:18:10 AM

Author Topic: mach brain help  (Read 6641 times)

mach brain help
« on: August 20, 2008, 09:57:25 PM »
i am running a thermal dynamics autocut 200 with mach 3 software. been trying to write a brain to tell the program to wait for the plasma to establish an arc before xy moves. i have an ok to move contact from the plasma to my breakout board on input 11. i have established an ok to move signal from the plasma but can't get mach to pause and wait for an established arc before continuing xy moves. anyone have information that could help me?
Re: mach brain help
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 10:15:10 PM »
Could you use your brain to generate a feed hold until the arc is ready? 

Don't think you'll get much help here - doesn't seem to be much traffic....  Or perhaps everyone else is just as confused about brains as I am.  What I wouldnt' give for some meaningful documentation.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 10:25:29 PM »
Have a look at the videos on brains in the support tab at top of page, video tutorials.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 10:51:49 PM »
Have a look at the videos on brains in the support tab at top of page, video tutorials.

Brett

Brett,

Been there, done that, but they cover only the very basics.  It's enough to do the very simplest brains, but no more.  And it's not at all clear what many of the inputs/outputs/button presses/etc. actually do.  Many certainly don't do what their names (in Brain Editor) suggests.  For instance I posted several questions several days ago, and got no responses that addressed the actual questions.  I think this is a very useful bit of functionality, but the lack of any detailed information on how it works, and how to do more than the most basic operations, makes it very difficult to use.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 07:08:22 PM »
i found out that if you turn thc on and put a signal from plasma to controller xyz will wait for  arc signal from plasma before moving after m3

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 11:12:06 PM »
in brains,

use your sensors for your plazma on, as your input on brains, then do an invert signal, then out to Push Button "Pause".

So when your sensor is off, your pause is on, and whne your plazma is on, your pause if off,
if you want to you can make an "Or" box, after your invert that one of its inputs can be an override from an LED or something, to override the sensor/pause.

scott
fun times