Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:42:00 PM

Author Topic: Needed, Good wireing diagram program  (Read 11013 times)

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
Re: Needed, Good wireing diagram program
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 05:09:40 PM »
Imsi TurboCad. It has plenty libraries for wiring diagrams with some samples for ideas, and the deluxe version I think is about a 100 bucks. I use it for wiring diagrams and Mechanical drawings for the machine shop. You can do 3d on it too with raster support and walkthrough, in fact I rate it better than Autocad (not slamming ACAD). The current version is 15 I think.
The link is http://www.turbocad.com

Whacko
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 05:13:14 PM by Whacko »
Nothing's impossible

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 05:32:18 PM »
Theres always Eagle from cadsoft. I used it quiet a bit a few years back. It has an auto router, tons of symbols, and even a cam processor that I never tried, so I can't advise on that aspect of it. I found it to be user friendly, and if you know your way around any cad software, you should pick up on the workings of it with ease. Free version is limited to 2 layers, and 4in X 3.2in work table. http://www.cadsoftusa.com/Tour/tour00.htm
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 11:38:38 PM »
Thanks Guys. I will have a look at Eagle. Think it is the only one I haven't looked at yet. Unless I'm overly impressed with it, I'll use the Autosketch. It is a watered down version of Autocad, but like Whacko, I like it better than the full blown Autocad. Not knocking it, just bragging on Autosketch. Express PCB looked ok too. The one thing I like about the Autosketch verses the others is the views. Printable views. You can draw it in a scale of 1=100 and zoom in for detail and print the page view. That is nice. Can also set it up for a large plotter and print tiles on standard paper. Hopefully I'll get something together to post in the next 2 weeks. While in this learning curve, I thought it would be nice if we had a dxf, dwg components library we could add to and share with each other. Could have common components such as BOBs, smooth stepper, etc. What do you guys think?

Does anyone know any of the standards for labeling if there are any?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 07:26:52 PM »
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 07:38:36 PM »
I've used Eagle and well as ExpressPCB.  Both have free versions.  I like each, but for different purposes. Eagle is downright professional, a bit tricky at first to use IMHO, however it works well for larger projects.  I'm using it to completely remap the wiring of my Discovery 300 VMC as part of the conversion to Mach3.  Here's a link to the free version http://www.cadsoftusa.com/freeware.htm
--Scott
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 07:39:40 PM »
Forgot to mention... there are huge component libraries for Eagle available
--Scott