Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 11:56:35 PM

Author Topic: Ummm Art  (Read 10926 times)

Re: Ummm Art
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 07:45:19 PM »
Thanks Brett.....I DID !
WOW....That's amazing stuff.
I just HAD to respond to that thread.
I don't know how I overlooked that one.
I envy these guys......I don't think I have the patience. I can only imagine the size of my scrap pile before I'd get one right.
Thanks again,
RC
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 03:48:54 PM »
The two that I posted are about 6'' square and the other is about 9'' tall by about 2.5'' round.
I actually put clear powder coating on most of the parts.
Chris
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 09:07:01 PM »
Thank you

Marcel Beaudry

Benny

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 10:12:14 PM »
They look like instruments of torture to replace water boarding techniques.
Sort of reminds me of that Jeremy Irons film and his twin brother who made some nasty tools.

Are the shapes hollow? did you spin some of the parts?
Are the materials brass and copper or just made to look like that?
Do you manage to sell many items.
How long do they take to make on average?

In some ways they look futuristic and in other ways they look turn of the century like you'd see with a mad professor.

EDIT:
The film was called Dead Ringers
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 10:36:04 PM by Benny »
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 12:47:14 PM »
woops. sorry it took so long to reply. No I dont spin any of the parts they are all machined from solid stock (brass, copper , aluminum, stainless and some leaded steel) they do take quite some time to make (100+ hours or so) and I do manage to sell them here and there. I show them at a number of art galleries along the east coast and have a few clients spread out around the country, But that being said I cant quit my day job or anything.
As far as your criticism of what they look like. You are welcome to interpret them however you like, they are different things to different people and who am I to tell you what to think of when you look at them. I am just happy that they are appreciated.
Chris