Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:30:36 AM

Author Topic: Milling machine  (Read 8080 times)

Milling machine
« on: March 28, 2008, 02:29:00 PM »
Hi,
Who can tell me how to use a milling machine in a program GCode (to turn it on and switch off) ?
Thank you.

Regards,                                                    Anthony

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: Milling machine
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 02:44:45 PM »
I am not quite sure what you are asking. G Code controls many parts of the milling machine and all can be switched on and off by G Code.

If you are asking how you  start a program , then this must be loaded into Mach 3 and press cycle start - which will start the program

Have you got a machine - is it set up, what software are you running - what do you want to do ???
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 02:59:30 PM »
I am not asking how I start a program. I have a machine, it is set up, I use Mach3 software. My milling machine is wired into my controller card. I want to switch on and off my milling machine with a GCode command (a line of a program GCode) in a program GCode. Can you tell me how to activate and configure my milling machine in Mach3 software ?
Thank you.

Anthony

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 11:55:41 PM »
If you want to switch on the spindle, M3 starts it and M5 stops it. M4 will start it in the reverse rotation.
   DaveA.
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 03:13:59 AM »
Thank you for your information, I tried it but my milling machine don't run. I don't know how to configure the spindle. I don't know the pins of my spindle.

Regards,                                                                                         Anthony

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 05:25:29 AM »
Some of this you may have done - but I will have to start at the begining.

Your machine is controlled by a computer, via the printer cable, which has 25 wires in it. For interest the printer wire is actually three addresses in the computer. One address - pins 2 - 9 - are outputs, normally (but not necessarily) used to control the axis of your mill. The second address  - pins 1,14, 16 and 17 - are also outputs and control such functions as spindle motor, coolant etc. The third address - pins 10 - 13 and 15 - are input wires which take information in to the computer.

Mach 3 can be configured to use these pins for various functions.

Your spindle is configured thus - go to spindle set up, untick disable spindle relays and enter an output pin number for M3 and M4. Go back to outputs and under those output numbers, enter the pin numbers that are connected to your spindle control system ( If you have one fitted to the mill)

If your machine is set up, then M3 should start the spindle clockwise, M4 starts it counter clockwise and M5 turns it off.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 05:44:16 AM by jimpinder »
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 05:07:07 AM »
Thank you very much. I tried it.

Regards,                                                                   Anthony

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 04:55:37 PM »
So did it work???

Are you saying that you don't know the numbers of the pins that are controlling your spindle, or that you do not know if the spindle is actually controlled by your board.

What driver board are you using to control the axis motors on your system, someone must know !!!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 03:19:49 PM »
Hi! I have a sheet written in German that matches pins, but . I know that pin 8 match electricity of my spindle.I tried it but it didn't work. I am saying that I don't know the numbers of the pins that are controlling my spindle.
I am using my keyboard to control the axis motors on my system with Mach3 Software,thanks.

regards

Anthony

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 09:19:24 AM »
Try putting the sheet on the German forum and asking someone to translate it.